These no bake avalanche cookies are loaded with peanut butter, chocolate and marshmallows. Best of all, they take just minutes to make, this is a must try recipe!
Have you ever been to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory? If so, you’ll know exactly what these avalanche cookies are all about. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory sells avalanche bark which is this ultra creamy peanut butter bark studded with marshmallows, rice krispies and chocolate chips. It’s positively addicting and these cookies have all the flavors, but take just minutes to make! These avalanche cookies may not be the most beautiful, but they definitely make up for their looks in the flavor department.
How To Make Avalanche Cookies
Let’s talk about the ingredients for these cookies. You’ll need a pound of white almond bark (also known as white candy coating or candy melts), peanut butter, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and rice krispies. That’s it! The white bark is melted in the microwave and then the peanut butter gets stirred in. The next step in the process is to pour the peanut butter mixture over the rice krispies. At this point, you’ll want to let the mixture cool before you add the marshmallows so that they don’t melt. The final step is the chocolate chips. There are miniature chocolate chips both inside and on top of these cookies. The cookies set up fairly quickly, and then you’re ready to eat!
These avalanche cookies are perfect for when you want to whip up a quick treat but don’t want to spend hours rolling dough and baking batch after batch of cookies. I love to add them to my holiday cookie trays, sometimes I add red and green sprinkles on top to make the cookies extra festive! Even if you’re never experienced the original avalanche bark, you’ll be sure to love these avalanche cookies. They’re so easy to make that even my kids can do it!
Other Cookies You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Haystack Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Peppermint Bark Cookies
- 16 ounces white almond bark also known as white candy coating or candy melts
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips divided use
- Place 1/2 cup of the miniature chocolate chips in the freezer.
- Break the almond bark into pieces and place in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 45 second increments until melted.
- Remove the almond bark from the microwave and stir in the peanut butter until completely combined.
- Add the rice krispies and stir to coat. Let the mixture cool until lukewarm.
- Add the marshmallows and stir to coat. Add the frozen chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Place 2 tablespoon sized drops of the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper. Repeat with remaining mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips, you'll need to work quickly before the cookies harden!
- Cool completely until firm then serve. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.