These cheesecake stuffed strawberries are fresh berries filled with sweetened cream cheese and chocolate chips. A simple no-bake treat that always get rave reviews!
I’ve been all about the berries this summer, and pretty much every time I go to the grocery store, I buy a giant carton of strawberries. Strawberries are obviously great as is, but when you stuff them with cheesecake and add a sprinkling of chocolate chips, all of the sudden you’ve got an easy no-bake dessert. These cheesecake stuffed strawberries are perfect as a snack, for a party, or just as a sweet way to finish a meal!
How do you make cheesecake stuffed strawberries?
This recipe starts with strawberries – get the reddest and largest strawberries you can find! It’s much easier to stuff the larger sized berries. I cut a thin slice off the point of the strawberry to create a flat surface so that the strawberries can stand up on a plate. The berries are hollowed out (a melon baller works best) and then stuffed with creamy vanilla cheesecake.
I use a piping bag with a closed star tip to make the cheesecake filling look a little more elegant inside the berries. You could also simply spoon the mixture in, or place the cheesecake into a large resealable bag with one corner snipped off to create a makeshift piping bag.
The final step for these cheesecake stuffed strawberries is the topping. I like to use mini chocolate chips, because chocolate and strawberry is such an amazing flavor combination. Other great toppings would be crushed graham crackers, sprinkles, chopped nuts or coconut. You could even do a variety of different toppings, the possibilities are endless!
These cheesecake stuffed strawberries are best served on the day they’re made. And it’s the perfect recipe to make with the kids, my girls enjoyed making them almost as much as they loved eating them!
More dessert recipes
- Haystack Cookies
- Cherry Bars
- Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 12 large strawberries tops removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Slice the tips off the bottom of the strawberries so that they can stand up on a plate.
- Use a melon baller or small spoon to hollow out the insides of the berries.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add the cream and vanilla and beat for 1 more minute.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture into a piping bag fitted with a closed star tip or place the mixture in a resealable plastic bag and snip off the tip of the bag.
- Pipe the cheesecake mixture into each strawberry.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 hours before serving.