These no bake peanut butter cookies take just 10 minutes to make, a super easy recipe with delicious results!
Sometimes you just don’t feel like turning on the oven to bake! These no bake peanut butter cookies taste just as amazing as something that would come from the oven, but they’re ready start to finish in just minutes. These cookies are similar to the popular classic peanut butter chocolate no bake cookies, except we’re skipping the chocolate and adding a second dose of peanut butter in the form of coated peanut butter candies (such as Reese’s Pieces). The candies add a pop of color and a nice crunch, they’re really the perfect addition to this cookie.
How To Make No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
These no bake peanut butter cookies primarily use ingredients that you likely already have at home like sugar, butter, milk, peanut butter and oats. This recipe uses quick oats, you can also make these cookies with rolled oats if you prefer a chewier texture. I prefer the texture of quick oats, so that’s what I use. The first step in the process is to melt together sugar, butter and milk in a pan. After the ingredients are all melted together, you bring them to a boil. Be sure you’re standing at the stove watching because this mixture needs to cook for exactly one minute, if you overcook the sugar mixture the cookies might turn out crumbly. The peanut butter and oats get stirred in, then you’re ready to go.
The beauty of these no bake peanut butter cookies is that you can make them as big or as small as you like. I do 2 tablespoons of dough for my cookies, and I quickly press the candies into the tops of the cookies before they harden. This is a great job for the kids to do!
The cookies need a little while to set up, then they’re ready to serve and enjoy!
Other Desserts You’ll Love
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Chocolate Fruit Dip
- Microwave Rocky Road Fudge
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Haystack Cookies
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter cubed
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups quick cooking oats also called 1 minute oats
- 1 cup coated peanut butter candies
- Place the sugar, butter and milk in a saucepot over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute exactly.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Add the oats and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Drop 2 tablespoon sized dollops of the dough onto parchment paper, waxed paper or a silicon nonstick baking mat. Quickly press the candies onto the tops of the cookies.
- Cool completely until cookies are set. Cookies may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.