This recipe for cilantro lime chicken is marinated grilled chicken that’s topped with a zesty cilantro lime sauce. The perfect quick and easy way to spice up your grilled chicken!
I am a grilling fiend lately, it’s just that time of the year! Chicken is the protein of choice in my family and I have grilled dozens of chicken breasts in the past month. I felt like it was time to switch things up a bit so I created this cilantro lime chicken recipe. The chicken marinates in a flavorful cilantro, olive oil and lime mixture and half of the unused marinade is reserved to sauce the chicken after it’s cooked. Plain chicken goes from boring to bland in no time at all!
How do you make cilantro lime chicken?
To make the cilantro lime marinade/sauce, you’ll need a blender. The ingredients for the sauce include fresh cilantro, garlic, lime juice and olive oil. The ingredients simply go into the blender and then are processed until a sauce forms. I used the liquefy function to get a smooth sauce; if you prefer a sauce with more texture you could use the mix or puree functions.
The great part about this cilantro lime chicken is that a single marinade/sauce saves so much time without skimping on flavor, and with a powerful blender the sauce can be made in a matter of minutes.
Half of the blender sauce serves as the chicken marinade, and the other reserved half is brushed on after the chicken is cooked. Serve any remaining sauce on the side for dipping.
Tips for cilantro lime chicken
- I like to use thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe as they cook quickly. You can also use chicken breast tenders or boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- The cilantro lime sauce can be made up to one day before you plan to use it, just stir it back together if it separates from being in the fridge.
- You can use an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan for this recipe. I typically use an indoor grill pan in the colder months.
- You can mix the flavor of this recipe up a bit by adding other fresh herbs to the sauce such as dill, chives, parsley or basil.
This cilantro chicken is easy enough to make on a busy weeknight. I like to serve it with a side of rice and a salad to round out the meal. Your whole family will love this dinner, and you’ll love how simple it is to make!
More great chicken recipes
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Chicken
- Mango Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Souvlaki
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts I prefer to use thin chicken breasts for this recipe
- 3 limes zested and juiced
- 1 cup packed of cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cilantro sprigs and lime wedges for garnish
- Place the lime zest and juice, cilantro, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Blend for 1 minute or until sauce is smooth.
- Divide the sauce in half. Pour half of the sauce into a resealable bag. Add the chicken and seal the bag; shake to coat the chicken in the marinade.Place the remaining sauce in the refrigerator.
- Marinate the chicken for 1-4 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- After the chicken is cooked, brush the remaining sauce over the chicken. Serve any leftover sauce on the side for dipping.
- Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Braun. The opinions and text are all mine.