These ultra crispy baked potato wedges are coated in seasonings and cooked in the oven to golden brown perfection!
These oven baked fries are the perfect side dish for almost any meal, they’re just as flavorful as the deep fried variety but with way less calories!
Who loves french fries? I sure do, and my kids also love ’em. I don’t do a lot of frying in my home kitchen, so I sought out to come up with the ultimate baked french fry. These baked potato wedges are coated in spices and parmesan cheese, then oven roasted until they’re crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. In my opinion they’re just as delicious as deep fried potatoes!
How to make baked potato wedges
This recipe starts with potatoes, Russet potatoes are really the only variety I recommend for this recipe. Make sure all of your potatoes are approximately the same size so that they’ll cook evenly.
The potatoes are tossed in olive oil spices and parmesan cheese. If you can, use freshly grated parmesan cheese, it makes a big difference in the final outcome. The potatoes go onto a sheet pan in a single layer and are roasted to golden brown perfection.
It’s important to keep the wedges in a single layer, if you pile them on top of each other they’ll steam, and they won’t have that crispy brown exterior that we’re going for here.
I serve my baked potato wedges with ranch dip, my kids also like to eat them with ketchup. I like to serve these baked fries as a side for pulled pork sandwiches, and of course they’re also fabulous with a juicy burger. You could even smother them in chili and cheese and serve them as an appetizer, there are so many possibilities here!
More easy side dishes
- Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots
- Green Bean Bundles
- Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Pomegranate Pecan Brussels Sprouts
Baked Potato Wedges
- 4 medium Russet potatoes scrubbed and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese in a gallon sized resealable bag.
- Place the potato wedges in the bag and seal the bag. Shake to coat the potatoes evenly with the seasoning.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and fork tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Want a little flavor variety? Try finely grated romano or asiago cheese instead of parmesan, or substitute fresh chives or dill for the parsley.