This bacon wrapped chicken is chicken breasts seasoned with brown sugar and spices, then wrapped in bacon and baked until caramelized. An easy chicken dinner with only 10 minutes of prep time.
Bacon wrapped chicken breast looks so impressive, but requires very little effort. It’s great for a casual family dinner, yet looks fancy enough for company.
I have a household full of bacon and chicken lovers. We eat chicken dinners often and this bacon wrapped chicken is one of our favorite dishes to have in the dinner rotation. It only takes minutes to prep, then simply bake your chicken to crispy golden brown perfection and enjoy!
HOW DO YOU MAKE BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN?
The best part of this baked bacon wrapped chicken is the seasoning. Brown sugar and a variety of spices are mixed together in a bowl and rubbed on the chicken before it’s wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven. It’s an extremely fast dinner to prepare and it will be eaten just as quickly.
Any type of chicken is fine for this bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe, such as thighs or drumsticks instead of breasts. It’s important to note that no matter the chicken you choose, be sure that each piece is roughly the same size so it will cook evenly. You’ll want to avoid using a thick cut bacon for this recipe as it will take much longer to cook.
If you like your bacon crispy like I do, it’s fine to broil your bacon wrapped chicken for about 2-3 minutes at the end of the cooking time. Watch closely though; the sauce has sugar in it and will burn quickly if left to broil for too long. It’s worth the extra effort since the crispy bacon, in my opinion, adds the perfect texture to the dish.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN CHICKEN IS DONE?
The best way to tell if you chicken is cooked is by slicing it open. If it’s white all the way to the middle, then it’s done. However, if you don’t want to slice into your chicken before you serve it, a meat thermometer comes in quite handy. Stick the thermometer through the middle of the chicken, stopping about midway through. The safe temperature you’re looking for is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 75 degrees Celsius.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN?
My bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe calls for up to 30 minutes of baking time. Since all ovens aren’t created equally, the times for baking can vary greatly. Some wrapped chicken recipes can take as long as 40 minutes to bake. It also depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Larger, thicker breasts will take longer to cook. This recipe assumes an average sized chicken breast of 4-5 ounces.
We love to serve our bacon wrapped chicken with mashed potatoes and broccoli. However, it goes great with a lot of other side options. It’s also delicious served with buttered pasta or rice pilaf with a salad on the side.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
- Chicken Santa Fe
- Monterey Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 slices bacon do not use thick cut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub half of the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Wrap each chicken breast in 2 slices of bacon. Place the chicken breasts, seam side down in a baking pan or ovenproof skillet.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through, basting the chicken occasionally with the pan drippings.
- If you prefer extra crispy bacon, broil for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.