This smoked salmon dip is a creamy blend of chopped smoked salmon, lemon and dill. Serve this smoked salmon appetizer with crostini, cucumbers and crackers for an easy yet elegant party snack!
Need a quick appetizer? This salmon dip is ready in just 5 minutes and looks so impressive. It’s also great smeared onto a bagel for a breakfast treat.
I happen to LOVE smoked salmon, and believe it or not, my kids do too. While smoked salmon is perfect on a bagel for breakfast, I think it’s even better in dip form! This smoked salmon dip is a light and creamy base chock full of chopped salmon. It’s ready in minutes and is always a welcome offering at any gathering.
How to make smoked salmon dip
To make this dip, you’ll need cream cheese, sour cream, herbs, lemon and smoked salmon. Many smoked salmon dips are blended, but I prefer a dip with nice chunks of salmon throughout so you really get that smoky flavor.
The herbs I use in this dip are fresh dill and fresh chives. Don’t be tempted to use dried herbs here, the fresh flavors really make this dip special. After the cream cheese base is blended together, I gently fold in my chopped salmon.
Stir it all together and you’re done! I wind up a piece of smoked salmon into a rosette shape as a fun garnish for the top, and a sprinkling of herbs is also a nice touch.
I like to serve my smoked salmon dip with crostini, also called baguette chips. You can find them pre-made in bags in the deli section. You can also use fresh baguette, cucumber slices, bell peppers, breadsticks or crackers, there are so many options!
If you have any leftovers of this salmon dip (and you may not!!), save some to spread onto a bagel for an amazing breakfast!
More fabulous dip recipes
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- tablespoons fresh chopped dill plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives plus more for garnish
- 6 ounces smoked salmon coarsely chopped, plus one slice for garnish
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, lemon zest, dill and chives in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add the smoked salmon to the bowl and gently fold until incorporated.
- Garnish with a rolled up salmon slice to look like a rose and chopped dill and chives. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours prior to serving.