This creamy and cheesy shrimp scampi dip is a unique appetizer that’s a real crowd pleaser! Everyone will want the recipe for this shrimp dip!
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to cover the outdoor grill for the season and settle in for some cold weather comfort food. I’m going to be doing a lot of entertaining over the next few months as the holidays approach, and in my opinion, there’s nothing better than a hot cheesy dip to make a party really special. This shrimp scampi dip is a unique offering with familiar flavors, and it’s super easy to make! You can even assemble the whole shrimp dip in advance, then bake it just before you plan to serve it. October is National Seafood Month, and what better way to celebrate than with this dip?
This shrimp dip is a take on the Italian classic shrimp scampi. It’s full of flavors like garlic, lemon and herbs. Of course we can’t forget about the shrimp, I use Chicken of the Sea Medium Shrimp for this recipe. It’s a huge time saver because all you have to do is open the cans and you’re ready to go!
This shrimp dip has three kinds of cheese in it; cream cheese, parmesan and mozzarella. The cheeses bake up to bubbly perfection and really elevate this dip to a new level of delicious. You could try other Italian cheeses if you prefer like provolone, asiago or romano for a little different flavor profile.
How to serve shrimp dip
I like to serve my dip with a side of garlic croutons, I use the whole baguette style croutons which are available in my store’s deli section. You can also use a fresh sliced bread or even an assortment of crackers, it’s good no matter how you serve it!
Make Ahead instructions
When I’m having a party, I don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen all night, I want to be out enjoying time with my guests! I often prepare this dip a day ahead of time by assembling it unbaked, then covering it with plastic wrap or foil. Right before my guests arrive, I place the dip in the oven to bake. You’ll want to add 10-15 minutes to the bake time if you’re baking it straight from the fridge.
I frequently use Chicken of the Sea products in my cooking because they’re delicious, nutritious and SO convenient to have on hand. Be sure to check out the Chicken of the Sea website for more great recipe ideas that are perfect for when you’re short on time but want big flavors!
Other recipes you’ll love
- BLT Dip
- Dill Dip for Chips and Vegetables
- Pizza Dip with Pepperoni
- Shrimp Alfredo
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Shrimp Scampi Dip
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea Medium Shrimp drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes and softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley divided use
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese divided use
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 6 or 8 inch baking dish or skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the cream cheese and milk, then stir until melted.Place the shrimp in the pan and gently stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream, 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese and half of the parsley.
- Spread the dip into an even layer in the prepared dish. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. If you prefer a browned top, you can broil the dip for an additional 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with crackers, croutons or bread.
This post is sponsored by Chicken of the Sea. Chicken of the Sea provided me with product for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.
What ounce size is EACH can of the shrimp please ?
6 ounce cans!
Can you make this in a crockpot?
I would be concerned that the shrimp might get tough after being heated for an extended period of time!
How much real shrimp would be needed? I would never use the cans
8 ounces of fresh or frozen shrimp!
Can you add lump crab to this dip? I hope so. Sounds great but would be better with crab I think
Yes that will work!
This dip is great and addictive! I used real shrimp, 3/4 pound of frozen cooked shrimp, thawed and chopped.
I think I could just eat this up with a spoon! It looks so creamy and packed with flavour. I’m making this next weekend, can’t wait!
You had me at the words shrimp and cheese. This sounds like a totally delicious dip
I never would have thought to put this in a dip. It sounds amazing.
Oh my, Sara! This looks incredible!!! Can’t wait to try this recipe for supper club!
I love it
Looks so good and cheesy! Love anything with shrimp and cheese!
Oh this recipes looks fantastic! I want to grab a chip and dip right in
Wow – I love shrimp scampi but never thought of making a dip with it before. Yum!
Oh my Lord, does that look good! Right up my alley! Easy and delicious! I have lots of parties coming up this holiday season as well so I am definitely saving this one for those!!!
This looks so good! Definitely perfect for game days and events.
What a fantastic appetizer/snack!! I need to make this for our next friend and family get together! They are going to love it!!
This dip looks so cheesy and comforting. I’ve never had a dip like this before and I can’t wait to try it.