Nothing says Christmas like candy canes, and these 20 candy cane recipes are the best way to celebrate the holidays! There’s everything from stunning cakes to decadent drinks to make your gatherings merry and bright.
It’s that time of year when the candy canes are out in full force. You can use candy canes for Christmas recipes, decorations and even crafting! These candy cane recipes will please all the peppermint lovers on your list!
When everything goes red and white with the holiday season you may be wondering “What on earth do I do with these candy canes after I take them off my tree?”. I’ve got you covered!
Whip up some candy cane treats to celebrate the season! The sky is the limit, literally. From drink recipes to decadent cakes and cookies, you can use candy canes in just about everything holiday.
Around here we love using candy canes in our recipes. There is nothing like enjoying a chocolate dessert with a mint aftertaste. So many recipes can be whipped up within minutes whereas others take a while longer to perfect.You can create a beautiful red, white, and peppermint flavored dessert for you and your family to enjoy.
Keeping up with the traditional theme I’ve have gathered 20 of the most festive candy cane recipes for you to try this year. Do you have a favorite dessert recipe that uses up candy canes? Id love to hear about it in the comments below.
20 Festive Candy Cane Recipes
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
- Candy Cane Brownie Trifle
- Peppermint Bark Puppy Chow
- Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake Cake
- Candy Cane Cups
- Peppermint Mocha
- Candy Cane Pretzels
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Candy Cane Mousse Cake
- Candy Cane Fudge (recipe below!)
- Peppermint Mocha Cheesecake Dip
- Candy Cane Vodka
- Hot Chocolate Meltaway Cookies
- Candy Cane Oreo Truffles
- Peppermint Chocolate Candy Cane Cupcakes
- Peppermint Bark Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Candy Cane Hearts
This delicious and colorful candy cane fudge is so easy to make. You don’t even have to fire up the stove or turn on the oven, the whole thing can be made in the microwave. The base of the fudge is made with vanilla baking chips, condensed milk and a touch of peppermint extract. The fudge is studded with plenty of pieces of crushed candy cane; I crush my candy canes with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Candy cane fudge is perfect for parties and gift giving and is a unique addition to any holiday event.
Candy Cane Fudge
This candy cane fudge is loaded with peppermint flavor and can be made in just minutes in the microwave!
- 2 10 ounce packages vanilla baking chips can also use vanilla almond bark or white chocolate chips
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed candy canes divided use
- cooking spray
Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
Place the vanilla baking chips and condensed milk in a large bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted; stir until smooth.
Fold 1 cup of the crushed candy canes into the fudge and spread into an even layer in the pan. Press the remaining 1/2 cup candy canes into the top of the fudge.
Chill until set, then cut into squares and serve.
- To crush candy canes, place them in a resealable plastic bag and cover with a towel. Use the flat end of a meat mallet or a rolling pin to crush the candy canes.
- Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.