These adorable 3 ingredient candy cane hearts are a fun and festive treat! A super easy candy cane dessert that’s great for party favors, gifts and more.
You can never go wrong with peppermint and chocolate! These candy cane hearts actually taste as good as they look.
Sometimes you need an easy holiday treat that doesn’t use 15 ingredients and take 4 hours to make. These fun little candy cane hearts are always enthusiastically welcomed at any gathering, and they’ll only take you about 15 minutes to make. I love to package these guys up in little cellophane bags and hand them out to family and friends, they also make great holiday party favors and are perfect for classroom parties. My girls will be bringing them to school this year to give to their friends and teachers.
How to make candy cane hearts
These candy cane hearts have just 3 ingredients: miniature candy canes, dark chocolate and holiday sprinkles. The first step is to arrange your candy canes into heart shapes on a piece of parchment paper. The next step is to melt some dark chocolate. I highly recommend using a dark chocolate candy melts or almond bark because they’ll dry smooth and shiny. If you use chocolate chips you might get a dull or white looking finish. While the chocolate is still wet, add your sprinkles of choice. I highly recommend using Ghirardelli brand candy melts as they melt to the perfect consistency and they taste the best of all the candy melt products on the market. I use a piping bag or a plastic bag with one of the corners snipped off to fill the hearts with the melted chocolate. Be careful not to overfill them! It can be a little different to pipe the chocolate into the smaller areas, so I just pipe a dollop in the middle and use a toothpick to fill in the point and curved parts of the hearts.
The candy cane hearts set in about 10 minutes, and then you’re ready to go! Everyone will be so impressed by these fun and festive little treats, and they taste fabulous too.
More holiday candy recipes
Candy Cane Hearts
- 24 miniature candy canes
- 1 cup dark chocolate candy melts or chopped almond bark
- 1/4 cup holiday sprinkles
- Arrange the candy canes into 12 hearts on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the candy melts into a piping bag or a plastic bag. Snip the tip off the piping bag or plastic bag.
- Pipe a dollop of chocolate into each heart. Use a toothpick to spread the chocolate into the point and curves of the heart. Add sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet, work quickly!
- Let sit until firm, then serve.