These candy bar blondies are a chewy brown sugar cookie base topped with rich chocolate frosting and your favorite candy. A fun and decadent treat!
Got leftover Halloween candy? These candy bar blondies are the BEST way to use up all those goodies!
When we went to Disneyland a few weeks ago we went to the Halloween party there – it was amazing to see the park all decorated for the holiday, they even fill the entire river with fog! People told me that you get a lot of candy at the party and they weren’t kidding. I think we came home with about ten pounds of candy! It was only natural that I come up with a recipe to use up some of our candy and these candy bar blondies are definitely a great way to use up your leftover Halloween sweets.
How do you make candy bar blondies?
I started these bars with my favorite one-bowl blondie recipe. After the base was baked and cooled I added a dark chocolate ganache on top and a generous handful of some of our Halloween goodies. You can really use any candy you like, feel free to get creative!
The bars keep well in the fridge for up to 3 days, if they last that long! I am going to try making these blondies during the holidays with Christmas candy, the possibilities are endless!
More great dessert recipes
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Buckeye Balls
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Chocolate Coconut Cake
Candy Bar Blondies
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups of assorted chocolate candy - you can leave it whole or coarsely chop it whichever you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 inch square pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a overhang on two sides. Coat the pan and parchment liner with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour and salt; mix just until moistened. Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the blondies cool completely in the pan. Run a thin knife along the edges to loosen and use the parchment overhang to lift the blondies out of the pan.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a small pot heat the cream until it just comes to a boil. Immediately remove the pot from the heat and pout the hot cream over the chocolate chips.
- Stir the chocolate and cream mixture continuously until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth and glossy. (If there are still bits of chocolate in the mixture you can microwave it for 5 seconds, then stir again).
- Let the chocolate cool for about 5-10 minutes or until it becomes a spreadable consistency. Spread the chocolate evenly over the blondies and immediately press the candy into the frosting.
- Chill the bars for at least an hour before slicing. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
Little Helpers: Let your kids decorate the top with the candy!