This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AwardWithSavings #CollectiveBias
This recipe for antipasto skewers is an easy yet elegant snack for any party!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I can’t believe 2015 is almost over, where has the time gone? Last year at this time I was contemplating the idea of starting a new blog, and now here I am, 9 months into this little venture of mine. I have learned so much and met so many amazing people along the way, and I’m so excited to see what 2016 has in store for me. This antipasto skewer recipe is the perfect way to celebrate!
One of my favorite parts of a new year is all of the awards shows – I can’t get enough of them! Granted, I’m watching as much for the fashion as I am for the actual awards, but regardless, it’s always a fun time. I love to invite friends over for a viewing party with plenty of snacks and appetizers. I always head over to Safeway to pick up all of my party essentials, like food and drinks, household and beauty products from Procter & Gamble and items to make party favors.
I always make a little favor for my friends to take home with them after a party, and what’s more fitting for awards season than a glam bag?
- I started with these gold mesh bags from the party store. You could use any 8-10 inch handled bag, but I liked how the gold added a little bit of sparkle and that my guests could see what was inside the bags at a glance.
- I stuffed the bottom of my bags with pink shredded paper from the party store to make a base to nestle the items in and to add a pop of color.
- I filled the bag with my favorite beauty items – I went with a colorful bracelet, rhinestone nail file, Secret deodorant, lotion, nail polish, a bath bomb and Crest 3D White Brilliance toothpaste.
- I tied a ribbon onto the bag for a fun finish. The ribbon was purchased at the craft store.
You can find the Crest 3D White Brilliance and the Secret deodorant at Safeway – the toothpaste is located in the oral care aisle and the deodorant is located near the shaving supplies.
I love to serve a selection of fun drinks and snacks at this kind of party, but I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. I keep things simple with fun yet elegant appetizers like these antipasto skewers.
This recipe for antipasto skewers couldn’t be any easier – simply purchase your favorite italian meats, cheese and vegetables and thread them onto decorative skewers. That’s all there is to it! I went with kalamata olives, marinated mozzarella balls, artisan salami, green olives, cherry peppers and pepperoncini. Other great choices would be prosciutto, chunks of parmesan or asiago cheese, artichoke hearts or cherry tomatoes.
Of course for any party it’s important to stock up on the essentials. They had a great deal on paper products at Safeway so I picked up some Bounty® paper towels and Charmin® bath tissue. You can find both of these products in the paper goods aisle.
Ready to start shopping? Check out the Safeway website to find a store location near you and view the weekly ad. Do you love awards shows as much as I do? What’s your favorite snack to munch on while you watch the awards?
Antipasto Skewers & Ideas for an Awards Show Party
- 12 kalamata olives
- 12 small balls of fresh mozzarella get the marinated type if available
- 12 slices of thick cut salami
- 12 pimento stuffed green olives
- 6 whole jarred cherry peppers halved
- 12 small pepperoncini peppers
- Take 12 7-inch skewers and thread one of each ingredient item onto each skewer. Serve immediately or store, covered, in the fridge for up to 1 day.