This tortellini soup with sausage is a complete meal in one pot that’s ready in less than 30 minutes! It’s full of sausage, beans, veggies and tortellini, all cooked in a savory tomato broth.
Now that school is in session I am ALL about the quick and easy dinner ideas. Our after school activity schedule can be crazy sometimes, and after a long day the last thing I want to do is spend hours in the kitchen! This tortellini soup with sausage is a simple one pot meal that’s got it all: veggies, beans, plenty of sausage and tender cheese ravioli. It’s a complete dinner that’s ready in no time. And best of all, my kids adore it!
Do you ever have those days when you’re at the grocery store but lacking dinner inspiration? That was me, yesterday. I called the Johnsonville Sausage Support Center (844-9-SAUSAGE) and talked to a very nice Johnsonville employee who then texted me a bunch of great recipe ideas for both breakfast and dinner, like Hawaiian Style Sausage Sliders and Grown Up Mac & Cheese. Dinner problem solved!
How To Make Tortellini Soup With Sausage
This tortellini soup recipe starts with some veggies – onion, carrot and celery to be exact. The veggies are cooked in a large pot, then in goes a package of Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausages. Feel free to use any type of Johnsonville sausage that you like here, the Sweet Italian is my family’s favorite!
The sausage and vegetables are combined with beans, spinach and cheese tortellini for a hearty and satisfying soup that will please the whole family. You can even make a double batch of this soup and freeze some for another night. I love that it’s loaded with plenty of nutritious ingredients and protein. I often make extra so that I can have some for lunch the next day.
Dinner time doesn’t have to be fancy or overly complicated. When I’m in need of inspiration for quick and easy meals, I head over to the Sausage Support Center website, it’s full of great ideas that will keep your family happy and fed any time of the day!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo
- Mexican Meatball Soup
Tortellini Soup with Sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup white onion diced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 19 ounce package Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage casings removed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just softened. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sausage to the pan; cook for 5 minutes, using a spoon to break up the sausage into smaller pieces.
- Add the chicken broth and crushed tomatoes to the pot, then bring to a simmer.
- Add the tortellini, spinach and white beans to the pot, cook for 5 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the parsley and serve.
This post is sponsored by Johnsonville. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible!