These Rolo pretzels are 3 ingredient sweet and salty treats that are the perfect snack or dessert. They take just minutes to put together and can be customized for any occasion.
I love to have a few quick and easy treats up my sleeve like haystack cookies, cookie dough dip and microwave fudge. Rolo pretzels are also a favorite because the kids can help make them and they’re totally delicious!
Sometimes you just need an easy dessert without a lot of fanfare and dirty dishes. These Rolo pretzels can be made with a moment’s notice, the hardest part is waiting for them to cool after they’ve come out of the oven!
How do you make Rolo pretzels?
This recipe couldn’t be any easier, it’s just 3 ingredients! You’ll need pretzels, Rolo candies and M&M’s. I like to use square pretzels because I think they look nicer in this application, but you can also do traditional pretzels if you prefer.
I typically make these Rolo pretzels around the holidays, which is why I’m using red and green M&M’s. You can use any other color M&M that fits your occasion if need be.
The pretzels get lined up on a baking sheet and each one is topped with a Rolo candy. The pretzels go into the oven just long enough for the Rolos to soften – you don’t want them completely melted, just soft enough so that you can press an M&M into the top of each one.
After the M&M’s are added to the top, let the chocolate set back up and you’re ready to eat!
There are so many different variations on these pretzel treats. Here are some of my favorites
- Hershey Kiss Pretzels: Swap out the Rolo for a Hershey’s Kiss
- Pretzel Turtles: Use pecan halves instead of the M&M’s
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites: Use Reese’s Pieces instead of M&M’s
I love to package up these Rolo pretzels in tins and give them as holiday gifts for family, friends and teachers. My girls really enjoy this because this is one of those treats that they can make with little adult help, and they’re always proud to show off their handiwork.
There’s just something special about that salty-sweet flavor combination and these Rolo pretzels have it all. Between the crispy pretzels and gooey caramel, this is a treat that no one will be able to resist.
More holiday treats
- 36 square pretzels
- 36 Rolo candies
- 36 M&M's I used red and green for the holidays
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with a sheet of parchment paper or nonstick baking mat.
- Lay the pretzels out in a single layer on the sheet pan. Place one Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Bake for 3 minutes until Rolo candies have just started to soften.
- Remove from the oven and press one M&M into the top of each Rolo.
- Let sit until firm.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to one week.