This Christmas punch is a blend of pomegranate, lime and cranberry, all mixed together into a fizzy beverage that’s perfect for any holiday party. A festive and refreshing drink that can easily be turned into a cocktail for the adults!
I like to serve some fun drinks when I entertaining during the holidays – for a hot drink, I opt for slow cooker apple cider or homemade hot chocolate. For a cold drink, I serve this easy Christmas punch, and it always gets rave reviews.
Every holiday party could benefit from some seasonal drink offerings! This super simple Christmas punch is cheery, refreshing and the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It takes about 5 minutes to put together and looks so pretty on your buffet table.
How do you make Christmas punch?
This recipe starts with a can of frozen limeade concentrate. The limeade is blended with pomegranate-cranberry juice and finished off with sparkling water. Add some fun garnishes like fresh cranberries, lime slices and mint, and your punch is ready to serve.
Tips for Christmas Punch
- I use a pomegranate-cranberry juice blend by Ocean Spray. This drink contains sugar and other fruit juices which makes it sweet and pleasant to drink. Do not try to use plain unsweetened cranberry or pomegranate juices, they’ll be much too tart.
- Can’t find a pomegranate-cranberry juice blend? Try a cranberry juice cocktail instead.
- I use a lime flavored sparkling water with no added sugar. You can also use plain sparkling water, or the lemon or orange flavors. My store even has a seasonal cranberry orange flavor which would be delicious!
- You can serve this drink either in a pitcher, drink dispenser or a punch bowl, whichever is more convenient.
- Freeze your cranberries before you add them to the drink and they will serve as ice cubes – the drink will stay cold but won’t get watered down! You can also make ice cubes with cranberries or lime wedges in them, or even a festive ice ring if you’re using a punch bowl.
- Fresh pomegranate seeds also make a nice garnish if cranberries aren’t available.
Can you make Christmas punch in advance?
This drink is best served right after it’s made, as the carbonated water will start to go flat within a few hours of being added to the punch. Luckily this punch takes just minutes to make, so it’s easy to whip up at the last second. If you’re really pressed for time, you can mix the pomegranate-cranberry juice and limeade together up to 8 hours in advance. Store the mixture in the fridge, and add the sparkling water at the last minute.
Alcoholic Christmas Punch
This Christmas punch can easily be made into an alcoholic beverage with the addition of any of the following
Simply add the alcohol to the original recipe in your desired amount, then serve and enjoy.
I make Christmas punch for every winter gathering, and I always make a big pitcher of it on Christmas Day for everyone to enjoy while we’re relaxing around the house. It’s pleasantly sweet, but not overly so, and you can never go wrong with a little bit of fizz!
More holiday entertaining recipes
Christmas Punch Video
- 6 cups pomegranate-cranberry juice such as Ocean Spray
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 cups lime flavored sparkling water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 limes sliced
- 4 sprigs mint
- Optional addition: rum, champagne or vodka in quantity of your choice.
- Place the pomegranate-cranberry juice and limeade concentrate in a pitcher. Stir until combined.
- Add the sparkling water and stir until well combined.
- Garnish with cranberries, limes and mint, then serve.
This post was originally published on November 15, 2018 and was updated on November 4, 2019 with new content.