This bacon wrapped pork loin roast is brushed with a sweet and savory glaze, then covered in bacon and grilled to perfection. The ultimate easy and elegant holiday meal!
Bacon makes everything better, and this pork loin is no exception. When you wrap a pork roast in bacon, you end up with a delectable main course that’s as beautiful as it is delicious.
The holidays are here, and that means plenty of family time, entertaining and cooking! I always have family and friends over for the holidays, and I love to craft holiday menus that are practical, yet special.
I spent a lot of time in my kitchen this time of year, and one thing that’s always at a premium is oven space – I never seem to have enough of it! This bacon wrapped pork loin is cooked on the grill, which means you have plenty of room in your oven for side dishes, desserts and more.
I used my Limited Edition Weber® Kettle Premium Grill from Ace Hardware to cook this succulent pork roast – it makes entertaining so much easier, and I love the cheery and festive color! It’s limited edition for the holidays for just $199, making it a perfect gift for anyone in your life that loves to cook or grill.
I love this grill because it’s so easy to use. In addition to this grill’s sleek look, this grill has one glass-reinforced nylon handle with tool hooks, and a lid handle with a heat shield! It has a built-in heat thermometer as well, so this is not your average kettle grill!
Cleanup is also super easy – the grill has an aluminized steel one-touch cleaning system and a removable, high-capacity aluminum ash catcher.
Ace Hardware carries so many top brands that are perfect for gift giving this holiday season, from Weber to Craftsman to YETI. Whether you’re shopping for a cook, a crafter or a handy man, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Ace. This year, they even have unique, one of a kind gifts from local makers!
You can shop the Ace Hardware website from the comfort of your home, then pick up your items from your local Ace store for FREE, how convenient is that?!
Though this specific grill was easy enough to pick up in my store, if you are an Ace rewards customer and interesting in investing in a larger grill this season, (over $399) your local Ace will actually assemble and deliver the grill straight to your home – for free. And if you are not an Ace Rewards customer, it’s free and easy to join! Ace truly is THE helpful place, especially for the holidays when these are the details you don’t want to have to worry about!
How to make bacon wrapped pork loin
This recipe starts with a pork loin roast, which can be easily located at all major grocery stores. Pork loins can range in size from 3-4 pounds, so I used a 3 lb roast here. If your pork loin is a little bigger that’s completely fine, it just may need more time on the grill.
The pork gets brushed in a sweet and savory mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and spices to then get fully wrapped in bacon. You’re going to want to use a regular cut of bacon here. If you use thick cut bacon it will prolong the cooking time.
I wrap each slice of bacon tightly around my pork, then secure the bacon on the underside of the roast with a few toothpicks.
How to grill a pork loin
A pork loin is a larger cut of meat for the grill, which means you’ll want to use indirect heat.
A 3-pound roast will take about an hour to cook through on the grill, but the best way to determine if the meat is done is to use a thermometer. Your pork loin should reach a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F before you take it off the grill. Be sure to let it rest before you slice it!
While the pork is cooking on the grill, you’ll have plenty of time to prepare your side dishes inside. Some of my favorite side dishes to pair with this pork are sweet potato casserole, glazed carrots, green bean bundles and pomegranate brussels sprouts.
This bacon wrapped pork loin will be the star of your holiday meal! It cooks to tender, juicy perfection on a Weber® Kettle Premium Grill and is sure to become a family favorite for years to come.
Be sure to check out the Ace Hardware website to do a little shopping, they’re bound to have something for everyone on your list.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin
- 1 3 lb pork loin roast
- 1 lb sliced bacon
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Prepare the charcoal your Weber® Kettle Premium Grill for the indirect cooking method. Instructions are provided in the Charcoal Grill Owner's Guide that comes with the grill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Brush the sauce all over the meat, and wrap the bacon strips around the roast, one at a time.
- Secure the bacon at the bottom of the roast with toothpicks.
- Place the pork on the grill and cover the grill.
- Cook for one hour or until internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F and bacon is crispy.
- Remove from grill. Cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks. Cut the meat into slices and serve.
- Do not use thick cut bacon, it will take longer to crisp up!
- The minimum internal temperature for a pork loin roast is 145 degrees F, which will leave you with meat that has a pink center. If you prefer your pork to be cooked to well done, grill it until the thermometer registers 160 degrees F.
- I find that using a serrated knife is the best way to get neat slices of this roast.
This bacon wrapped pork loin recipe is sponsored by Ace Hardware. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dinner at the Zoo possible! All thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Ace Hardware.