This mediterranean layered dip starts with a base of whipped feta cheese and is topped with artichokes, olives, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Ready in about 10 minutes, it’s the perfect party appetizer!
I don’t know about you, but I happen to love layered dips. My mom makes an awesome version of the classic mexican style seven layer dip and I’ve even seen a greek version with hummus. This mediterranean layered dip is a similar concept but with a different flavor profile. Bold flavors like feta cheese and kalamata olives create a festive and colorful appetizer that only takes about 10 minutes to put together.
The base for this dip is feta cheese that is whipped with cream cheese and a little olive oil to a light, spreadable consistency. I topped the feta with marinated artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley for a variety of flavors and textures.
This dip is great with veggies, crackers, bread sticks or even slices of toasted baguette. It’s a unique offering that everyone will love, and no one needs to know that you only spent 10 minutes making it!
- 6 ounces feta cheese - use a block of feta if possible, but if you can't find it crumbled will work
- 2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes packed in oil (drained)
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- Place the feta cheese and cream cheese in the food processor. Pulse until the feta is finely chopped. Pour in the olive oil and process until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spoon the whipped feta into your serving container. Top with artichokes, kalamata oilves, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and parsley. Serve with vegetables and crackers.