This mediterranean layered dip starts with a base of whipped feta cheese and is topped with artichokes, olives, sun dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Ready in about 10 minutes, it’s the perfect party appetizer!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I don’t know about you, but I happen to love layered dips. My mom makes an awesome version of the classic mexican style seven layer dip and I’ve even seen a greek version with hummus. This mediterranean layered dip is a similar concept but with a different flavor profile. Bold flavors like feta cheese and kalamata olives create a festive and colorful appetizer that only takes about 10 minutes to put together.
The base for this dip is feta cheese that is whipped with cream cheese and a little olive oil to a light, spreadable consistency. I topped the feta with marinated artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley for a variety of flavors and textures.
This dip is great with veggies, crackers, bread sticks or even slices of toasted baguette. It’s a unique offering that everyone will love, and no one needs to know that you only spent 10 minutes making it!
Mediterranean Layered Dip
- 6 ounces feta cheese - use a block of feta if possible but if you can't find it crumbled will work
- 2 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Place the feta cheese and cream cheese in the food processor. Pulse until the feta is finely chopped. Pour in the olive oil and process until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spoon the whipped feta into your serving container. Top with artichokes, kalamata oilves, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and parsley. Serve with vegetables and crackers.
Make Ahead: This dip can be made up to 4 hours in advance. Let it come to room temperature before serving.