This Grinch cocktail is a green drink that gets its hue and flavor from Midori, vodka, fruit juices and lemon lime soda. A quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for your next Christmas party!
You can never have too many drink recipes during the holiday season. Some of my favorites include Christmas sangria, a pomegranate margarita, Mexican mule, blood orange margarita, a cranberry Moscow mule, a cranberry mimosa and this easy Grinch cocktail.
When you need a quick drink that will get your holiday party going, try this delicious Grinch cocktail. You’ll feel generous with this sweet and sour mixture of melon flavored liqueur, vodka, pineapple juice, lime juice and lemon lime soda. The fruity flavors will definitely please all your guests!
Table of Contents
Grinch Cocktail Ingredients
To make a grinch cocktail you will need Midori liqueur, vodka, fresh lime juice, red sanding sugar and lemon lime soda. Make sure to have some maraschino cherries and lime slices to garnish the drink.
How Do You Make A Grinch Cocktail?
To make this Grinch cocktail recipe first place some red sanding sugar on a plate. Dip the rim of a glass in water then dip it in the sugar to coat the rim. Place ice cubes in the glass. Pour Midori and vodka into the glass. Add pineapple juice and lime juice. Top the drink with lemon lime soda and stir the drink – no cocktail shaker needed here. Add a maraschino cherry and lime slice as garnishes and enjoy.
Tips For The Perfect Drink
- Use fresh lime juice for a more flavorful drink.
- Use your favorite lemon lime soda. Sprite and 7up both work well.
- Buy refrigerated fresh pineapple juice that is bright yellow to get the perfect grinchy green color. Some shelf stable pineapple juices can be a little brown.
- Use a measuring shot glass to mix together the perfect amounts for your Christmas cocktail with ease.
- You can top your drink with a little extra soda if the drink doesn’t reach the top of your glass.
This recipe makes one drink. You can easily change the number of servings in the recipe card to scale up the amounts of the ingredients for a larger group.
A Grinch cocktail is sweet and sour with the sweet flavors of melon from the Midori and pineapple from the pineapple juice. It also has lime flavor from the fresh lime juice and lemon lime soda.
To make a Grinch cocktail, simply stir together Midori, vodka, lime juice, pineapple juice and lemon lime soda in a glass with ice and a red sugar coated rim. Place a maraschino cherry in the glass to finish the drink.
While this easy cocktail is a refreshing and festive drink as is, you can modify it to suit your taste.
- Rim: Instead of dipping the rim of the glass in water you can rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass. You can also use green sanding sugar or white coarse sugar for a different look.
- Color: For a darker green drink, omit the pineapple juice and increase the lemon-lime soda accordingly.
- Garnish: You can use other garnishes such as a sprig of rosemary, a few cranberries or mint leaves.
- Alcohol: You can substitute the vodka for a clear rum if you prefer.
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
- 1 tablespoon red sanding sugar
- 2 ounces Midori melon liqueur
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 3 ounces lemon lime soda
- Garnishes such as maraschino cherries and lime slices
- Place the red sanding sugar on a plate.
- Dip the rim of a glass in a bowl of water.
- Place the rim of the glass in the sugar and twist slightly to coat the rim in sugar.
- Turn the glass upright. Place several ice cubes in the glass.
- Pour the Midori and vodka into the class.
- Add to the drink the pineapple juice and lime juice.
- Pour lemon lime soda into the glass and stir everything together. Top it with a maraschino cherry and lime slice and enjoy.
- This recipe makes one drink. You can easily change the number of servings in the recipe card to scale up the amounts of the ingredients for a larger group.
- Use fresh lime juice and refrigerated fresh pineapple results for the best cocktail color and flavor.