These Oreo stuffed cookies consist of brown sugar cookie dough that’s loaded with miniature M&M’s and wrapped around an Oreo cookie. Your friends and family will be so impressed when they bite into these cookies and discover a whole Oreo inside!
What’s better than one cookie? How about two cookies in one? These Oreo stuffed cookies are M&M meets Oreo cookies and they’re absolutely fantastic. Try these cookies along with my funfetti cookies for your next bake sale!
M&M cookies are one of my all time favorites, I even prefer them to classic chocolate chip cookies. When you take your basic M&M cookie and stuff a whole Oreo inside, you end up with a super fun treat that will earn you tons of rave reviews!
How do you make Oreo stuffed cookies?
The first step is to make a brown sugar cookie dough, then fill it with plenty of mini M&M’s. After your dough is finished, you’re going to sandwich Oreo cookies in between two pieces of cookie dough. Pinch the edges of the dough to completely seal in the Oreo. Bake the cookies until they are golden brown, then serve. You can also store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Tips for the perfect cookies
- There is a trick to stuffing your cookies to make them look perfect. You need to put about 75% of the dough on top of the Oreo, and 25% on the bottom. If you try and put equal amounts of dough on both sides, you’ll end up with a flat cookie with a big lump in the middle where the Oreo is. Placing more of the dough on top helps to keep the cookies uniformly shaped when they come out of the oven.
- After my cookies are done baking, I quickly press some more mini M&M’s into the tops of the warm cookies for a nicer presentation. This is optional but highly recommended. Plus, no one will complain about the extra dose of chocolate!
- The balls of cookie dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days before you plan to bake them.
Can you freeze Oreo stuffed cookies?
These cookies are a great candidate for the freezer. You can freeze the baked cookies in a resealable bag or airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw the cookies at room temperature, then serve. If you’d like to recreate that freshly baked flavor, you can microwave the cookies for 10 seconds before you serve them.
My girls actually sold these Oreo stuffed cookies at a lemonade stand they had, and it was so fun to see people’s faces when they bit into the cookies and found a hidden Oreo. These cookies are great for the holidays too, simply substitute the multicolored M&M’s for Christmas colored M&M’s.
You can use any flavor Oreo you like in these cookies, I’ve even tried them with Double Stuf Oreos with great results. Regardless of how you choose to make them, they’re sure to be a huge hit!
More delicious cookie recipes
- Haystack Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Avalanche Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- Fudge Sprinkle Cookies
Oreo Stuffed Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups miniature M&M's divided use
- 15 Oreo cookies
- Place the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Beat for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl. Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add half the dry mixture to the mixing bowl and mix on low speed.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined. Fold in 1 cup of the M&M's.
- Cover the dough and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Take two balls of dough (1 1/2 tablespoons in size). Flatten them between your hands and place an Oreo cookie in the middle.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough and Oreos.
- Seal the edges, then shape the cookies into discs where about 75% of the dough is on top of the Oreo and 25% of the dough is on the bottom of the Oreo.
- Place the cookies at least 2 inches apart on two sheet pans lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Freeze for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake one sheet of cookies at a time for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- After the cookies come out of the oven, immediately press the remaining 3/4 cup of miniature M&M's over the tops of all the cookies.
- Let the cookies rest for 5-7 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve when cooled, or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.