These monster cookies are soft and chewy peanut butter oatmeal cookies loaded with chocolate chips and M&M’s. An easy and classic cookie that’s perfect for parties, after school snacks and special occasions.
There’s nothing better than a good cookie, and these loaded monster cookies definitely fit the bill. They’re packed with tons of chocolate, oatmeal and peanut butter and are adored by both kids and adults alike. Serve them alongside other great dessert recipes like S’mores cookies, funfetti cookies or brownie cookies for a party.
I happen to love monster cookies, they’re all of my favorite cookie flavors rolled up into one hand held treat! These monster cookies are the best I’ve ever had. I find that some monster cookies tend to be dry or hard, and my version comes out perfectly soft and chewy every time.
Table of Contents
Monster Cookies Ingredients
To make this recipe, you will need butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, a large egg, peanut butter, vanilla extract, all purpose flour, baking soda, rolled oats, M&M candies and semisweet chocolate chips.
How Do You Make Monster Cookies?
Preheat the oven and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer, and cream until light and fluffy. Add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla to the bowl, and mix again to combine. Next, add the dry ingredients of flour and baking soda. After you mix those in, stir in the oats. Add the M&M’s and chocolate chips to the bowl and fold them into the dough. Place balls of dough on the baking sheet. Press a few M&M’s and chocolate chips into the tops of the cookie dough balls. Bake until browned, then cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!
Tips For The Perfect Cookies
- Use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon measure to make sure all of your cookies are the same size
- The cookie dough can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days before baking. If you’re planning to make your dough ahead of time, you may want to omit the M&M’s and add them just before baking so that the color from the candies doesn’t stain the dough if it’s in the fridge for a while.
- This recipe works best with rolled oats, which sometimes go by the name old fashioned oats. You can also use quick oats if that is what you have on hand.
- Be careful to not overbake your cookies! They should just be a light golden brown around the edges. If they’re overbaked, they can get hard.
- Use a high quality brand of chocolate chips such as Guittard or Ghirardelli for the best results.
These cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Monster cookies are chunky peanut butter oatmeal cookies that contain chocolate such as chocolate chips and M&M’s. They also contain standard cookie ingredients such as butter, sugar, flour and eggs.
Monster cookies will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months. Store the cookies in an airtight container or resealable freezer bag.
These cookies are delicious as-is, but you can use other ingredients to customize the flavors to your tastes.
- Peanut Butter: You can use almond butter or sunflower butter in place of the peanut butter.
- Chocolate: Instead of semi sweet chocolate chips, try white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips.
- Add-Ins: You can swap out some of the M&M’s and chocolate chips for other ingredients such as pecans, walnuts, coconut or toffee bits.
My kids request these monster cookies all the time, and I can’t blame them. Between the soft flavorful cookie and tons of chocolate, how could anyone resist?
Monster Cookies Video
Love This Recipe?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I prefer creamy but crunchy will also work
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup M&M’s plus more for tops of cookies
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips plus more for tops of cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in the bowl of a mixer. Beat until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the egg, peanut butter and vanilla to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the bowl and mix until just combined. Stir in the oats.
- Add the M&M’s and chocolate chips to the bowl and gently fold them into the dough.
- Make 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared sheet pan. You will need to bake the cookies in batches.
- Press a few M&M’s and chocolate chips onto the top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool the cookies on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cookie dough. Cool all cookies completely then serve.
- Store any leftover cookies in a sealed container for up to 5 days, or you can freeze the cookies for up to 2 months.
- Rolled oats are sometimes called old fashioned oats at the grocery store.