This recipe for honey mustard salmon is seared salmon fillets coated in a sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce. Add broccoli to make a one pot meal!
You know me and my one pot meals…here we go again! This time it’s honey mustard salmon with broccoli. The salmon gets pan seared and is then finished with the easiest honey mustard sauce. Add some broccoli and you’ve got a healthy meal in no time at all!
This dish starts with the broccoli – I cook it first in the pan and then set it aside. The broccoli goes back in at the very end to get re-heated and coated in the honey mustard sauce. The salmon is simply seasoned with salt and pepper then seared to perfection in a super hot pan. The honey mustard sauce contains basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and can be put together in less than 5 minutes. When you combine the salmon, sauce and broccoli, you’ve got dinner!
I used broccoli here because it’s one of the few vegetables that my kids will readily eat – other great choices would be zucchini, carrots or even asparagus. Speaking of the kids, they loved this salmon! It has a hint of sweetness from the honey that makes it even appeal to the people in your life that aren’t crazy about fish.
Honey Mustard Salmon
- 1 1/4 lbs of salmon cut into fillets
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided use
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: lemon wedges and chopped parsley
- In a small bowl mix together the dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey, soy sauce and onion powder.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of water and cook for 2-3 minutes more or until water is evaporated and broccoli is tender. Season the broccoli with salt and pepper, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil over high heat. Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper.
- Put the salmon in the pan and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Brush the tops of the fillets with the honey mustard mixture and place sauce side down in the pan and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the broccoli back into the pan with the salmon and cook for 2-3 minutes more or until the vegetables are heated through. Drizzle the salmon and broccoli with remaining honey mustard mixture and serve. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.