This recipe for almond crusted salmon with honey garlic sauce is a healthy and quick 7 ingredient meal that’s full of flavors. Fresh salmon fillets are coated with chopped almonds then seared to perfection.
Salmon is great on its own, but when you add a crunchy almond crust and a sweet and savory sauce, you get a super delicious dinner that will earn you rave reviews. Serve with fried rice for a complete meal.
I’m always on a mission to get more seafood into our diet. The kids will eat shrimp occasionally depending on their mood, and so far salmon is definitely the favorite in the fish category. To be honest, I was a little skeptical that any of the girls would eat this, but all three ate it and enjoyed it! If that’s not a seal of approval I don’t know what is. Best of all, the recipe only has about 7 ingredients and is ready in 20 minutes.
How do you make almond crusted salmon?
The crust for this salmon is a combination of finely chopped roasted almonds and sesame seeds, it adds so much flavor and texture to the fish. A three ingredient honey garlic sauce gets poured over the top and dinner is served!
The only trick to this recipe is to watch the crust carefully so that it doesn’t burn. I like to serve this almond crusted salmon over rice with a green vegetable on the side. Put the pot of rice up to steam at the same time that you start cooking the salmon and everything will be done at the same time!
This is one of those meals that looks and tastes fancy but really takes no more time and effort than throwing a frozen pizza in the oven. And won’t you feel so much better eating this salmon? If my picky eaters liked it, your fish haters might enjoy it too!
More salmon recipes you’ll enjoy
- Garlic and Herb Salmon
- Salmon Foil Packets
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Salmon Teriyaki
- Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Almond Crusted Salmon with Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon , cut into 4 fillets
- 3/4 cup roasted salted almonds , finely chopped or coarsely ground in the food processor
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided use
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Optional garnish: sliced green onions and sesame seeds
- For the sauce: mix together the honey, soy sauce and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the salmon: Mix together the almonds and sesame seeds and pour onto a plate.
- Brush one of the tablespoons of olive oil evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Press the top of each salmon fillet into the almond mixture. Season the top of each fillet with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Place each salmon fillet, crust side down, into the pan and cook for 5 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure the crust isn't burning. Flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until salmon is at desired level of doneness. The length of time it takes to cook will depend in part on the thickness of the fillet.
- After the salmon is cooked through, transfer it to a serving platter and pour the reserved honey garlic sauce over the top. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.