This cheeseburger meatloaf recipe is individual meatloaves filled with bacon and cheddar cheese that are baked to perfection. Comfort food at its finest!
Can you ever go wrong with a classic like meatloaf? My mom actually never made meatloaf, I didn’t even try it until I was adult! My husband was actually the one who introduced me to meatloaf, and I’ve been experimenting with different flavor combinations ever since. This cheeseburger meatloaf is a twist on the classic recipe with the addition of bacon and cheddar cheese for a savory delight that’s probably better than what your mom used to make. I made mini meatloaves to up the fun factor which my kids appreciated, but you could make one larger meatloaf if you prefer.
How Do You Make Cheeseburger Meatloaves?
So let’s talk ingredients. We’ve got ground beef (I use 90% lean), cooked bacon, sauteed onions, cubed cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs and seasonings. The ingredients are all mixed together and formed into individual sized meatloaves. The meatloaves are covered in ketchup, then take a trip through the oven. This cheeseburger meatloaf is just packed full of flavor, I prefer it to a traditional meatloaf recipe and so does my family.
I serve these meatloaves with a side of mashed potatoes and a green vegetable like steamed broccoli. Sometimes I even make a double batch of this recipe and we use the leftover meatloaf for sandwiches the next day. It’s just that good!
I add a sprinkling of parsley at the end for a little more flavor and color, but that’s a totally optional step if you don’t have any parsley in the house. The meat mixture can be made a day before you plan to bake it. Sometimes I’ll put the ingredients together in the morning and store the formed meatloaves in the fridge; that way, all I have to do is pop them in the oven later in the day. It’s super convenient for busy days when you want a hot fresh meal on the table without a ton of fuss.
This recipe is total comfort food, perfect for chilly days that will (hopefully!) be heading our way soon!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- Pizza Stuffed Shells
- Taco Pinwheels
- Cheeseburger Pasta
Cheeseburger Meatloaf Video
- 1 1/4 lbs ground beef I use 90% lean
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and worcestershire sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, beef, bacon, panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, egg, 2 tablespoons of water and cheddar cheese.
- Mix together until well blended.
- Form 4 individual meatloaves and place on prepared sheet pan. Spread 1 tablespoon of ketchup over each meatloaf.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired, then serve.