These buffalo chicken nuggets are chicken breast pieces lightly battered and fried to crispy perfection, then coated in a homemade buffalo sauce. An easy and delicious snack or meal!
I can never resist homemade chicken nuggets, and they’re even better done up buffalo style with a spicy sauce and side of ranch dip. I often serve these nuggets for dinner with a side of baked potato wedges and roasted broccoli.
I’m a sucker for anything that involves buffalo sauce. So, when it came to making these buffalo chicken nuggets, I was pretty excited to share them with the family. We love traditional wings but these boneless nuggets are just a lot easier to eat.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN NUGGETS?
These spicy chicken nuggets are an easy recipe you’ll definitely want to add to the dinner rotation or even as an appetizer option. Chicken breast pieces get soaked in buttermilk, then coated in eggs and flour and fried to crispy perfection. The nuggets are tossed in an easy-to-make buffalo sauce, then you’re ready to eat!
How do you bake chicken nuggets?
These spicy chicken nuggets can be baked or fried. If you choose to bake the chicken nuggets, substitute breadcrumbs for the flour and bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
I recommend using Frank’s red hot sauce for an authentic buffalo wing flavor. Other brands just can’t compare Serve your buffalo chicken nuggets with ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
CAN YOU MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS WITH FROZEN CHICKEN?
The chicken cannot be frozen for this recipe. The chicken must first be thawed in order for everything to stick and cook evenly. It is best if the chicken isn’t thawed in the microwave as well since it can partially cook the chicken and ruin the flavor.
How do you make buffalo sauce?
Buffalo sauce is a mixture of hot sauce, melted butter and honey. The honey and butter help to counteract the heat of the hot sauce and balance out the flavors.
CAN OTHER SAUCES BE USED?
Yes, it’s perfectly fine to swap out the buffalo sauce in favor of another wing sauce. These chicken nuggets work great as a base recipe. I’ve used them for a sweet and sour chicken dish before and it was a huge hit!
Finding a dinner that’s easily customizable to suit everyone, including my picky eaters is no small feat. These buffalo chicken nuggets went over so well in my house, I’ll be making them again and again. I have no doubt your family will love them just as much as mine did.
MORE BUFFALO RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Buffalo Shrimp
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup hot sauce such as Frank's Red Hot
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ranch dressing and celery sticks for serving
- oil for frying
- Pour the buttermilk into a medium sized bowl. Add the chicken pieces and soak for 10 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a small bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and baking powder.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour mixture.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, then back into the flour mixture. Place the coated chicken pieces on a plate. Repeat the process with all of the chicken pieces.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees F.
- Place 4-5 nuggets in the pan. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Place the fried chicken on paper towels, then repeat the cooking process with the rest of the chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, butter and honey.
- Pour the buffalo sauce over the cooked nuggets and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately with ranch dressing and celery sticks on the side.