These mushroom pork chops are seared boneless pork chops topped with a creamy mushroom sauce. An easy dinner option that’s sure to get rave reviews!
If you’re a mushroom fan, you’re going to love these savory pork chops with mushroom sauce. Add some mashed potatoes and a veggie and you’ve got a complete meal in no time that the family will love.
We eat plenty of chicken around here, but some times I like to mix things up a bit and add some pork chops to our meal rotation. These mushroom pork chops are smothered in the most incredible sauce, comfort food at its finest! They also happen to be quite simple to make.
How to make mushroom pork chops
Let’s talk about the pork first. I use boneless pork chops here because they’re readily available and quick cooking, but you can absolutely use bone in chops if you prefer. Just be aware the cook time may increase by 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your meat. The pork chops are seasoned then seared to golden brown perfection.
After you cook your meat, it’s time to let it rest while you make the sauce. The sauce is based on sauteed mushrooms, which are combined with a little beef broth and cream to make a decadently delicious sauce. Don’t want to use cream? You can substitute half and half, or simply omit it altogether.
After your mushroom sauce is done, simply pour it over your pork chops and enjoy! I like to serve this dish with mashed potatoes and a green veggie like broccoli. These pork chops are also great with rice, or even pasta.
When you’re looking to shake up your dinner routine, try these pork chops with mushroom sauce. Your family will be glad you did!
More delicious pork recipes
- Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Apple Pork Chops
- 15 Boneless Pork Chop Recipes
- Pork Scallopini
Mushroom Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork chops I use boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pork chops in the pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan; cover to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes or until tender and browned. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour to the pan. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add the beef broth; whisk until smooth. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan and spoon the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.