These easy honey garlic pork chops are coated in a sweet and savory sauce, then cooked in the slow cooker until tender and succulent. The perfect easy meal for a busy day!
If you’ve never experienced crock pot pork chops, now is your opportunity to give them a try! The pork comes out fork tender and the sauce has just a handful of ingredients, yet is complex in flavor.
Chicken is a staple for crock pot cooking, but did you know that pork chops are also a perfect protein for the slow cooker? These honey garlic pork chops come out so tender and flavorful that they’ll be sure to find a place on your regular dinner menu rotation.
How to make honey garlic pork chops
For this recipe you’ll want to use thick cut boneless pork chops. If you use a thin pork chop, you should reduce the cooking time so that they don’t dry out. My pork chops were about 1 1/2 inches thick. I prefer to brown my pork chops before I add them to the slow cooker, it just adds so much more flavor. If you’re in a hurry you can skip that step and the chops will still be delicious.
The sauce is made with ketchup, soy sauce, honey and garlic. At the end of the cooking process, a little cornstarch gets added to thicken the sauce. Be sure to serve your honey garlic pork chops over mashed potatoes or with rice or bread to soak up that amazing sauce!
I add a little chopped parsley at the end for a fresh flavor. If you don’t have parsley on hand, you can omit it, or substitute sliced green onions.
Not a pork fan? You can make this recipe with chicken instead! Simply substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for the pork chops.
More slow cooker favorites
- Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
Slow cooker pork chops video
Honey Garlic Pork Chops (Slow Cooker)
- 6 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Season the pork chops generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook the pork for 4-5 minutes on each side until deep golden brown.
- Add the pork chops to the slow cooker.
- NOTE: you can skip the browning process if you prefer and simply season the pork chops with salt and pepper then add them to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ketchup, soy sauce and honey. Pour the sauce over the pork chops.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water. Add the cornstarch mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook for 1 more hour or until sauce has just thickened and pork chops are tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs can be substituted for pork chops.
- You can add some sriracha or chili flakes if you want a spicier meal.