This honey glazed salmon is seared salmon fillets topped in a honey, soy sauce and garlic glaze. A quick and easy dinner option that’s on the table in just 20 minutes!
My whole family enjoys salmon, so I end up serving it for dinner at least once a week. Some of our favorite salmon recipes include grilled salmon, garlic butter salmon and this super simple yet satisfying honey glazed version.
Seared salmon is delicious on its own, but it’s even better when coated in a sweet and savory glaze. This honey glazed salmon is a speedy dinner option that’s perfect when served over rice or mashed potatoes with a vegetable on the side.
How do you make honey glazed salmon?
The first step in this recipe is to sear your salmon fillets until they’re golden brown. The salmon is removed from the pan and a sweet and savory sauce of honey, garlic, lemon juice and soy sauce goes in to simmer. After the sauce has thickened, the salmon is returned to the pan and the sauce is poured over the top. Add a sprinkle of parsley, then serve and enjoy.
Tips for honey glazed salmon
- To get the best golden brown crust on your salmon, you’ll want to make sure your pan is very hot and that the fish fillets are patted dry with a paper towel before they’re added to the pan. Let your salmon cook undisturbed for a few minutes so that a nice crust can form.
- I like to use wild salmon when possible, as it’s more flavorful and has more nutrients than farmed salmon
- Be sure not to overcook your fish! Your salmon is done when it’s opaque and easily flakes. This typically takes about 5 minutes per side for an average sized salmon fillet.
Honey Glazed Salmon Variations
This salmon is fabulous as-is, but you can also change up the flavors to suit your taste preferences.
- Ginger Lime: Substitute fresh minced ginger for the garlic and lime juice for the lemon juice.
- Sesame Salmon: Add 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil to the sauce and top the salmon with 2 teaspoons sesame seeds.
- Teriyaki: Add 1 teaspoon minced ginger and 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil.
Is salmon healthy?
Salmon is a healthy fish that is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are necessary in a diet because the human body cannot make them. Omega-3s are thought to help reduce blood pressure, lessen inflammation and help protect against cancer.
Salmon is full of nutrients such as protein and B vitamins and also vitamins A and D. Salmon also contains more exotic nutrients such as selenium, potassium,and phosphorus. This combination of nutrients and vitamins is thought to support brain function, immunity and strong bones. Eating salmon is a delicious way to get vital nutrients.
This honey glazed salmon is one of the absolute best ways to make salmon. Try it, you’ll love this sweet and savory dish.
More delicious salmon recipes
Honey Glazed Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- lemon wedges for serving optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon skin side up in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the water, lemon juice, soy sauce and honey to the pan; bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until sauce has just thickened.
- Return the salmon to the pan and spoon the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.