This fresh strawberry pie recipe is a no bake delight that’s made with a graham cracker crust, loads of fresh strawberries and a sweet glaze. Top it with whipped cream for a show stopping finish to any meal!
Anything with strawberries is huge hit in my house. This fresh strawberry pie is a favorite because the glaze makes the strawberries even more delicious. Some other great recipes with strawberries are cheesecake stuffed strawberries and strawberry waffles.
I’ve been all about the berry recipes this summer, but I have to say, this fresh strawberry pie is the best yet! It’s a pile of fresh strawberries inside a graham cracker crust, topped with a sweet glaze. And this strawberry pie also happens to be a no bake dessert, how can you go wrong with that??
How Do You Make Fresh Strawberry Pie?
This fresh strawberry pie starts with a crust. It’s a simple combination of graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter that is mixed together and pressed into a pie shell. If you’re really pressed for time, you can use a pre-made crust, although the homemade definitely tastes better.
After the crust is chilled, a whole pile of strawberries go into it! I like to use small to medium sized strawberries because it makes the pie easier to cut into. The glaze is a mixture of cornstarch, sugar, water and strawberry gelatin, which gets poured over the top of the berries to get that classic bright red sheen. The glaze also helps hold the pie together.
This pie doesn’t have a lot of active prep time, but you do need to chill it in between steps. After the glaze goes onto the berries, the pie needs to chill for at least an hour so that the glaze can set. Right before you serve your pie, add a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint as garnish if you like. Then slice, serve, and wait for the rave reviews to come in!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie (No Bake)
- Nutella Crepes with Berries
- Apple Pie Filling
- Pear Custard Pie
- Berry Fruit Salad
Strawberry Pie Video
Fresh Strawberry Pie
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- cooking spray
For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3-ounce package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
For the filling:
- 5 cups strawberries tops sliced off
- 3/4 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
- mint sprigs
- For the crust: In a bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until thoroughly combined. Coat a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray and firmly press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan. Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- For the glaze: Place the sugar, cornstarch and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until smooth. Turn the heat on medium-high and bring to a boil, cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the gelatin, mixing until gelatin is completely dissolved. Chill the glaze for 20-30 minutes to cool.
- Arrange the berries in the pie crust and pour the glaze evenly over the top. Chill for at least one hour, or up to 3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and mint if desired. Cut into slices and serve.