This brownie pizza is a chocolate crust topped with cream cheese frosting and plenty of fresh berries. A unique dessert pizza that’s perfect for entertaining!
This dessert pizza is brownies on overload! It’s also quite easy to make, but looks really impressive and festive for a special occasion.
If you’re a brownie fan, you’ll adore this beautiful and delicious brownie pizza. A homemade brownie base forms the crust, which is topped with a 5 minute cream cheese frosting, and fruit of your choice. The end result is nothing short of amazing, and it tastes as good as it looks!
How do you make brownie pizza?
The first step for this brownie pizza is to make the crust. This is my absolute favorite brownie recipe, I’ve been making it for years. It’s a one-bowl recipe that comes out super fudgy with a perfect crackly top. The brownie is baked in a 9 inch pan to resemble a pizza crust. It’s important to chill the brownie before you remove it from the pan to keep that crackly topping from flaking off during the transfer process.
The brownie crust is topped with a thin layer of cream cheese frosting and then piled high with fresh fruit. If you’re not a cream cheese fan, you could easily use vanilla or chocolate frosting instead.
I use an offset spatula to spread the frosting over the brownie evenly. You want to leave a little bit of the edges of the brownie unfrosted so that people can see that chocolate goodness under all the icing.
I used raspberries, blueberries and sliced kiwi to decorate my brownie pizza. Other great options are
To me, this brownie berry dessert pizza is the ultimate celebration treat. It’s colorful, fresh tasting and is easy to put together. You can even make the brownie base and frosting a day or two in advance and then add the fresh fruit and chocolate right before you’re ready to serve it.
I love to serve this brownie pizza at birthday parties as an unexpected sweet finish. If you’re not feeling the fruit, you could even try topping this pizza with candy such as peanut butter cups, M&M’s or even chopped candy bars. The possibilities are endless!
More sweet treats
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Earthquake Cake
- Berry Chantilly Cake
- Funfetti Cookies
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
For the brownie
- cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the cream cheese frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
For the pizza topping
- 2 1/2 cups fruit such as raspberries, blueberries and sliced kiwi
- mint springs for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate into a large bowl. Melt in microwave - heat for 30 second intervals and stir between each interval until butter and chocolate are melted and thoroughly combined.
- Add the sugar and stir to combine.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool for 5 minutes. then whisk in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition.
- Whisk in vanilla. Gently fold in flour and salt.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes and then run a thin knife along the side of the pan to loosen the brownie.
- Let the brownie cool for another 10-15 minutes at room temperature and then chill the brownie, still in its pan for another 30 minutes. Remove from fridge and invert the pan onto your serving plate.
- To make the frosting, place the butter and cream cheese in a bowl; beat with a mixer for 3 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Add the sugar, vanilla, salt and milk and beat for an additional 3-5 minutes on high until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the brownie base and top with fresh fruit and mint sprigs if desired.
- Cut into wedges and serve, or cover loosely chill for up to 2 hours before serving.
This post was originally published on August 10, 2015 and was updated on August 2, 2018 with new content.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DiscoverBrookside #CollectiveBias