I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh Fruit and Fresh Vegetables. Dole provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.
This tropical coconut chia pudding is an easy and healthy snack idea that’s perfect for kids. Top it with an assortment of fresh fruit for an added boost of nutrition and color!
Im always looking for more ways to get my kids to get more fresh fruit and vegetables, and I try to incorporate them into all of our meals and snacks. This coconut chia pudding features tropical fruit and berries and is a great source of protein and nutrients. I whip up a batch of this coconut chia pudding in the morning and let it chill in the fridge while the kids are at school. When they come home I’ve got this sweet and creamy snack waiting for them! This recipe starts with the fruit. I always buy DOLE® fresh fruit and my kids love that the labels currently have Cars 3 characters on them in promotion of Dole and Disney’s collaboration to inspire families to eat healthier this summer.
May 25th is National Eat More Fruits and Vegetables Day (#FruitsAndVeggiesDay) and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with this fruity tropical treat. The pudding base consists of just three ingredients: light coconut milk, chia seeds and a little maple syrup to sweeten things up. The pudding goes into the fridge for at least one hour to chill and set up. Prior to serving, chopped DOLE® pineapple and bananas are stirred in, and the pudding is topped with more pineapple, bananas and an assortment of DOLE® berries.
I like to serve my chia pudding inside a hollowed out pineapple for an extra fun presentation, my kids think that it’s so special! Alternatively, you can layer the pudding into classes alternating with the fruit.
As summer approaches it’s a great time to add even more fruits and veggies to your diet, there are so many in season during the warmer months! Be sure to check out the Fuel Up with Dole Sweepstakes starting May 25th to submit your best healthy vacation photos and captions to win some amazing prizes!
Dole has created some super fun character recipes inspired by Cars 3, coming out June 16th, to get your summer off to a healthy start. You can check out some of them below, I can’t wait to try them all with my kids!
Coconut Chia Pudding
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 DOLE® Bananas
- 1 DOLE® Fresh Pineapple
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Fresh Berries such as strawberies, raspberries or blueberries
- Optional garnishes: chia seeds and mint sprigs
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, chia seeds and maple syrup. Cover and chill for at least one hour or up to 3 days.
- Cut the pineapple in half; reserve one half for another use. Using a knife, cut the flesh out of the remaining pineapple half to hollow it out. Coarsely chop the pineapple flesh and set aside.
- To serve, mix 1/2 cup of the chopped pineapple plus one chopped banana into the chia pudding mixture.
- Spoon the chia pudding into the pineapple half.
- Top the pudding with 1 sliced banana, 1/2 cup chopped pineapple and 1/2 cup berries. Garnish with chia seeds and mint sprigs if desired and serve immediately. Alternatively you can layer the chia pudding with the fruit into parfait glasses if you prefer instead of serving in the pineapple.