These air fryer pork chops are coated in a homemade spice rub, then air fried until golden brown and tender. A fast and easy way to make juicy and flavorful pork chops, each and every time!
I love a good pork chop to make dinner time special. Some of my favorite preparations include baked pork chops with garlic butter, mushroom smothered pork chops and these amazingly delicious air fryer pork chops.
In my opinion, pork chops are an underrated cut of meat. They’re inexpensive, readily available, and pair perfectly with a variety of seasonings and sauces. These air fryer pork chops have a short ingredient list, but are still packed with plenty of flavor.
How do you make air fryer pork chops?
Start by mixing together a blend of herbs and spices. Brush the pork chops on both sides with melted butter, then add the spice mixture. Place the chops in an air fryer, and cook for a few minutes on each side. The chops should be browned and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat should register at least 145 degrees F. Let the chops stand for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Tips for the perfect dish
- I highly recommend using bone-in pork chops. I find them to be more flavorful, and also less likely to dry out. Look for chops that are about 3/4 to 1 inch in thickness for best results. If you use thicker chops, you may need to increase the cook time.
- Be sure to let your air fryer preheat for at least 5 minutes before you add the meat.
- Serve your pork with sides such as mashed potatoes or rice pilaf. I also like to add a green vegetable such as broccoli or asparagus.
- Leftovers will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Be sure to cook the pork in a single layer so that there is plenty of room for the air to circulate. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
How do you cook pork chops without drying them out?
Pork is a naturally lean meat, which means it can sometimes dry out if not cooked properly. One method of ensuring that your meat does not dry out is to use a pork chop brine. The best way to keep your pork juicy is to make sure it does not overcook. Pay close attention to the cooking time, and if possible, use an electronic probe thermometer to keep the meat at or just slightly above 145 degrees F. In addition, let the pork rest for a few minutes before you cut into it, as this will allow the juices to redistribute into the meat.
Flavor variations for air fryer pork chops
This recipe is fabulous as-is, but you can add other seasonings to the mix to make the flavors your own.
- Cajun: Add 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning to the spice mix for a zesty take on this dish.
- Mexican: Omit the Italian seasoning. Stir in 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Sauces: Finish off your chops with a drizzle of garlic butter, BBQ sauce, or even steak sauce!
Air fryer pork chops are a fabulous dinner that can be on the table in no time at all. Your whole family will approve of this one!
More great pork recipes to try
Air Fryer Pork Chops Video
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 4 bone in pork chops 6-8 ounces each
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- cooking spray
- Heat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add the brown sugar, salt, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and sweet paprika to a small bowl. Mix well.
- Brush the butter all over both sides of the pork chops.
- Rub the spice mixture all over both sides of the pork.
- Place the chops in a single layer in the air fryer. You may need to work in batches if they don't all fit. Bake for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until a thermometer inserted into a pork chop registers 145 degrees F.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with parsley and serve.
These pork chops came out fantastic! Thanks for the recipe.
love the spice rub on this – a little sweet a little zing – yum so good!
What a great home made spice recipe – just tried it on some chicken cutlets that I had at home – it was excellent!
This was amazing and such a treat! Thank you!
This is such a delicious and bursting with flavor dinner recipe! I just love getting to use my air fryer for many recipes! Definitely making this again for dinner soon! One of our new favorites for dinner!
I love the sheen on these chops they looks like they were done on the barbie awesome job!
These pork chops are fantastic! I’ve been living off the air fryer lately and this is such a great recipe!
Wow, a delicious meal in less than 30 minutes! I’m all in for these pork chops.
Yummy! These look so flavorful and so tasty. Perfect for our dinner tonight and I’m so excited to try this! I love finding new ways to use my air fryer.
This sounds like the perfect combo of spices! 🙂
Now these are absolutely stunning! I am soooo hungry right now. And I haven’t even started cooking lol