This sparkling raspberry limeade has just 4 ingredients and is a super refreshing drink for a hot day.
Can you believe the color of this sparkling raspberry limeade? It’s the perfect refreshing drink for a hot day and you’ll only need 4 ingredients to make it!
We had a very warm weekend around here and I decided that an ice cold fruity drink was in order. I made a pitcher of this sparkling raspberry limeade and it was gone within 24 hours, everyone loved it!
I made limeade because everyone makes lemonade and I wanted to do something a little different. We had three cartons of raspberries in the fridge and I knew they’d be the perfect addition to this drink. That being said, I really didn’t feel like using the blender to puree the raspberries – well, more accurately I didn’t feel like cleaning the blender afterwards. I mixed together the lime juice and sugar in a pitcher and then set a sieve on top of the opening of the pitcher. I used a spoon to smash the raspberries and press them through the sieve – the puree landed directly in the pitcher and the seeds were left behind. I didn’t need the blender after all!
To finish the drink, I added lime flavored sparkling water to the lime juice, sugar and raspberry puree. I use the sparkling water with no sugar or additives – the ingredients should just be carbonated water and lime essence. You could always use non-flavored seltzer water or regular water if you’re not in a sparkling kind of mood. Either way you’ll end up with a drink that’s perfectly sweet-tart and a great way to cool off on a warm day.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Sparkling Raspberry Limeade
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 cups lime flavored sparkling water
- Lime slices , raspberries and mint for garnish (optional)
- In a pitcher, combine the lime juice and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Place a small sieve on top of the opening of the pitcher, and in batches, press the raspberries through the sieve with a spoon. Discard the remaining raspberry pulp and seeds.
- Add the sparkling water to the pitcher and stir everything together. Add the lime slices, raspberries and mint sprigs to the pitcher (optional). Chill until ready to serve.
This drink is best served on the day it's made.