These salmon foil packets are fresh salmon fillets and vegetables coated in herb butter, then baked or grilled to perfection. An easy and healthy meal with minimal clean up!
One of my favorite ways to cook salmon is in foil, it seals in all the flavors and produces perfect results every time. For this recipe, salmon is combined with fresh corn, asparagus and peppers to make these colorful and delectable foil packets.
If you’re like me, you like quick dinners but don’t like sacrificing the taste. That’s why I love doing foil dinners like these salmon foil packets. They’re so easy because you just toss them together, throw them on the grill, and move on with your night until they’re finished. Easy and delicious, just how I like my dinner.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SALMON FOIL PACKETS?
Once you’ve got your grill heated and foil ready to go, bring out the fresh fillets of salmon. Add your veggies and salmon to the foil squares before mixing your butter and spices in a separate bowl. Drop spoonfuls of the aromatic butter mixture on top of the salmon and veggies in each foil square before grilling to perfection. Serve and enjoy a delicious seafood dinner without a fuss.
You can use any summer vegetables you like for your salmon foil packets. I chose a summery combination of asparagus, fresh corn and red bell peppers. However, if you have other veggies on hand or just have another preference, go for it!
Other vegetable options that work well
- Cherry tomatoes
The herb butter is softened butter mixed with garlic, lemon zest, parsley and fresh thyme. If you don’t want to use parsley and thyme, or don’t have them on hand, other great options are dill, chives or oregano.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN SALMON IS DONE?
Salmon doesn’t take a long time to cook like some other meats. One way to tell when salmon is done is checking to see if the layers of salmon easily flake. The salmon should also be opaque. You can always check the temperature as well.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF SALMON?
Salmon has a plethora of health benefits. Most know that salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids but did you know it’s also high in protein, B vitamins, selenium, potassium, and antioxidants? Salmon is well known for being great as a diet food because of its low carb and calorie counts.
This grilled salmon is perfect as a light meal as is, or it can be served with bread, rice, or a green salad. If you don’t have a grill on hand to make these, you can cook your foil packets in the oven and they turn out just as delicious. Either way, you’ll love them and so will the family.
MORE SALMON RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- Honey Mustard Salmon
- Salmon Teriyaki
- Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Salmon Foil Packets
- 4 salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears trimmed
- 4 ears fresh corn kernels sliced off
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- lemon wedges and chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat a grill to medium heat or an oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat 4 large squares of foil with cooking spray.
- Arrange the salmon, asparagus, corn and bell peppers in the center of the foil squares.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Drop spoonfuls of the butter mixture over the salmon and vegetables.
- Fold over the foil to seal the packets. Bake or grill for 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.