This recipe for cream cheese fruit dip is a light and creamy 3 ingredient dip that’s perfect with your favorite fruit. A super easy snack or dessert option that’s perfect for any gathering!
There’s nothing better than fresh fruit, especially when it’s served with chocolate fruit dip, chocolate fondue, or this simple yet satisfying cream cheese fruit dip.
I always keep plenty of fresh fruit in the house, but sometimes I like to jazz up my fruit a little bit. This cream cheese fruit dip is the perfect solution – it contains just 3 ingredients and is on the table in less than 5 minutes. It makes a great after school snack for the kids and is a welcome addition to any party menu.
How do you make cream cheese fruit dip?
This dip is a mixture of cream cheese, marshmallow cream and whipped topping – that’s it! All the ingredients are mixed together until smooth and creamy, then you’re ready to add your favorite fruit on the side and enjoy.
How long does fruit dip last in the fridge?
This fruit dip will stay good for up to 5 days in the fridge. You can store any leftovers in a covered airtight container until you’re ready to enjoy them. I don’t recommend freezing this dip as it may become watery when thawed.
Tips for cream cheese fruit dip
- This dip can be made a few days in advance which makes it perfect for parties. If you’re making the dip ahead of time, it’s best to let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving.
- You’ll want to make sure that your cream cheese is softened so that you end up with the smoothest end product.
- You can serve this with fruit of course, but also graham crackers, vanilla wafers or both. It’s fun to put out a whole assortment of dippers when you’re having a party.
- Looking to save a few calories? You can use light cream cheese and light whipped topping with great results.
Fruit dip variations
To me, this dip is the perfect blend of sweetness and creamy texture, with a bit of tang from the cream cheese. You can flavor your dip in so many different ways to suit your tastes.
- Chocolate Dip: Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips.
- Brickle Dip: Add 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 cup toffee bits.
- Cinnamon Spice: Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Lemon Lovers: Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the zest of 1 lemon.
- Strawberry: Use a tub of strawberry cream cheese instead of plain cream cheese, and stir in 1 tablespoon strawberry jam.
- Coconut: Stir in 1/3 cup toasted coconut and 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract.
The combination of the sweet fruit and creamy dip is irresistible, and the perfect lighter treat. You’ll have everyone asking you for a copy of the recipe!
More great fruit recipes
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 7 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping thawed
- 4 cups mixed fresh fruit
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a mixer and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the marshmallow cream and beat to combine.
- Add the whipped topping and beat until just combined. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into a serving bowl.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. Serve with assorted fruit.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DOLE Jarred Fruit. This post was originally published on August 29, 2016 and was updated on June 27, 2019 with new content.
When you say:
8 ounce tub whipped topping
Is this cool whip or something else?
Yes it’s Cool Whip!
What is marshmallow cream, what can I use in place of it. I’m in Australia have never heard of marshmallow cream. HELP
It’s in a jar it’s basically liquid marshmallow, sometimes can be called fluff. I haven’t tested this with a substitute for the marshmallow so it’s hard for me to say what might work instead, my best guess would be something like a vanilla yogurt but it’s not an exact substitute.
My family loved this dip! Put on a movie and served the dip! The kids thought it was a party!
Super easy to make and it was a crowd pleaser! Cleaned the bowl at a BBQ we attended
Wow, my family loved this delicious fruit dip at a picnic this weekend. Really tasty (and not too sweet) with fruit and so easy to make. Even my picky niece came back for more!
This was such a great recipe for the 4th of July! Everyone loved it and my kids are already asking for it again! So good!
What a great dip recipe! So light, easy and perfect for parties or an afternoon snack!
Can’t wait to make it for next gathering or before probably Like idea of putting on SKEWERS Sticks maybe fresh fruit would be okay doing it that way Of course DOLE What brand makes the Whipped cream cheese??
I think all the major brands of cream cheese (Challenge, Phiadelphia, etc) make whipped cream cheese, it comes in a tub near the regular cream cheese!
The best ever!
This looks yummy and great for TV time.
What a great fruit snack! I think my family will really enjoy this!
Great healthy quick snack!
Perfect – I love this recipe! Dole does fruit very well.
Lovely and what a perfect snack. A wonderful way to enjoy beautiful fruit!