This fruit pizza is a sugar cookie crust topped with cream cheese frosting and a variety of fresh fruit. A fun and easy dessert option that’s perfect for feeding a crowd!
When I’m having a party, I often make some festive treats such as cake balls, chocolate covered pretzels, or this beautiful and delicious fruit pizza. It always gets rave reviews and you can customize it in so many different ways!
Pizza is always great for dinner, but have you ever tried a dessert pizza? Once you make this fruit pizza, you’ll be hooked! Best of all, it’s super easy to make and you can use whatever fruit happens to be in season.
How do you make fruit pizza?
This recipe starts with a tube of sugar cookie dough. The cookie dough is pressed into a pizza pan then baked until golden brown. While the cookie crust is in the oven, I make a batch of cream cheese frosting and cut up fruit. The frosting and fruit go onto the cooled crust and a layer of apricot jam is brushed over the top as a glaze.
Tips for Fruit Pizza
- This pizza is best served the day that it’s made, but you can prepare it up to 6 hours before you plan to serve it.
- If you’re using fruit that releases a lot of liquid, such as oranges or watermelon, pat the fruit dry before you place it on the pizza.
- If you’re in a hurry, you can use a can of prepared frosting instead of making your own.
- The apricot jam gives the fruit a nice glossy sheen and adds a lot of flavor. You can also use apple jelly or a different light colored jam; just be sure to strain out any large pieces of fruit first.
Fruit Pizza Variations
While I love making this fruit pizza as written, sometimes I change things up a bit with different cookie flavors and fruit combinations.
- Cookie: Try using chocolate chip, funfetti or double chocolate cookie dough.
- Frosting: This pizza is great with vanilla, chocolate or strawberry frosting.
- Fruit: The fruit I’ve shown in the photos is just a suggestion. Other great fruit options include strawberries, cherries, pineapple, peaches or oranges.
- Toppings: Dress up your pizza with a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce, or a sprinkling of toffee bits, chocolate chips or rainbow sprinkles.
Homemade sugar cookie dough
While I typically use store bought cookie dough to make life easier, you can use homemade sugar cookie dough if you prefer.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
In the bowl of a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and salt, then slowly mix in the flour until thoroughly combined. Remove the dough from the bowl and press into the prepared pizza pan in an even layer. You may have extra dough which you can freeze or refrigerate for later use.
More great dessert options
For the crust
- 16 ounce roll sugar cookie dough
- cooking spray
For the frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
For the topping
- 3 cups fresh fruit such as sliced kiwi, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes
- 1/2 cup apricot jam strained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Let the crust cool completely in the pan.
- To make the frosting, place the butter and cream cheese in a bowl; beat with a mixer for 3 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Add the sugar, vanilla, salt and milk and beat for an additional 3-5 minutes on high until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the crust.
- Arrange the fruit on top of the cream cheese frosting.
- Heat the apricot jam in the microwave for 10 seconds or until melted. Brush the jam over the fruit. Serve the pizza, or cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
One of my favorite recipes! Beautiful, easy and so yummy!
I used what ever fruit and berries I had and it still came out great!
This makes my mouth water! I made the recipe just as printed and it was so good! The kids made cookies from the left over cookie dough which was really fun for them and minimal mess for me.
This looks SO yummy! My husband would love it if I made this.
Thanks for sharing this nice recipe. Its one of my favorite comfort food.
Damn…this looks DELICIOUS. I can’t wait to try it, and it seems like something simple (and slightly healthy) that my young girls can help me make!
this looks like a great desserts for a party! i have to try this for my son’s birthday this summer
This sounds like the perfect dessert to me! So much delicious fruit and a sugar cookie crust? You’ve sold it to me.
This dessert would be gone in minutes in my house! It looks so good and a great way to get children to eat fruit too!
Drooling for this yummy fruit pizza. I will try to do your recipe. Thank you for sharing.
such a fun dessert idea! I totally love it. Also great idea for pizza themed birthday party! lovely idea!
Your fruit pizza looks beautiful and so tasty! I think I’ll make a fruit pizza for Easter but, in an egg shape instead. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.
What a perfect slice of heaven! It looks like something you’d see in the window of a high end pastry shop! Yum!
That looks so good! I can’t wait to make this on our next pizza night. Whenever we do pizza night, I make a homemade pizza and a homemade dessert pizza of some kind. This is going to be great!
I literally drooled looking at the fruit pizza pic, i want this noooowwwww. I am baking one this weekend for sure, so healthy.