These slow cooker cranberry meatballs are a 5 ingredient appetizer that are sure to be the hit of any party!
I am sooooo tired of this crazy heat we’ve got going on here in California. It is hot and humid with no sign of it letting up any time before November. I’m dreaming of cooler weather and fall food, like these amazingly easy slow cranberry meatballs. These meatballs take just minutes to put together and they’re sweet, savory and absolutely delicious. I’m thinking this will be the perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving or really any fall get together!
How To Make Cranberry Meatballs
Here’s what you need to make this recipe: frozen meatballs, cranberry sauce, chili sauce, orange juice and brown sugar. That’s it!! You can add a little parsley for color like I did here, but that’s totally optional. You can use your favorite variety of frozen pre-cooked meatballs in this recipe. I like to use turkey meatballs, because turkey and cranberry is a classic combination that can’t be beat. Not to mention, turkey meatballs tend to be a little lighter than their beef and pork counterparts, so you won’t fill up too much before the main course. I use a jellied cranberry sauce because I like a smooth sauce for my meatballs, but you could use a whole berry sauce if you prefer.
Remember those old school meatballs with grape jelly sauce? This is a similar concept expect the cranberry sauce keeps things on the more savory side because it’s not as sweet as grape jelly. While these cranberry meatballs are perfect for appetizer hour, they also make a great dinner served over rice with a side of broccoli.
I am so excited to serve these easy meatballs all fall and winter long, I know my family and friends are going to adore them!
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 2 lb bag frozen pre-cooked meatballs I recommend turkey meatballs
- 1 12 ounce bottle chili sauce
- 1 14 ounce can jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- optional: 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place the cranberry sauce in a bowl and microwave at 45 second intervals until just melted.
- Whisk in the chili sauce, orange juice and brown sugar; stir until mostly smooth.
- Place the meatballs in a slow cooker and pour the sauce over them.
- Cook for 4 hours on LOW then serve, topped with parsley if desired.