This recipe for Tuscan chicken pasta is creamy pasta topped with seared chicken, tomatoes, kale and mushrooms. An easy and hearty dinner that’s ready in no time!
Pasta – it’s what’s for dinner A LOT around here. I love to make pasta dishes that incorporate meat, veggies and noodles because it’s a complete meal without a ton of work. I recently tried out this Tuscan chicken pasta recipe, which was a hit with both the kids and adults alike!
How do you make Tuscan chicken pasta?
This Tuscan chicken pasta is a mixture of chicken, mushrooms, kale and tomatoes, all sauteed and served over creamy pasta. I use cut up chicken breast, although thighs would also work. I prefer to add the tomatoes at the very end so that they’re just lightly cooked and still fresh tasting. While I used Tuscan (also known as dinosaur) kale here, regular curly kale also works great. You could even swap out the veggies for others that you have on hand, zucchini would be a great addition.
This Tuscan chicken pasta is a cinch to put together – while the pasta is boiling, cook up your chicken and veggies. The pasta gets a simple sauce, the chicken mixture goes on top, and done! Looking at these photos right now, I realize that parmesan cheese would be an awesome finishing touch to this dish – so try it that way and report back please!
More pasta meals
- Cheeseburger Pasta
- Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Caprese Pasta
- Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided use
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups of kale leaves coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces linguine pasta other long pasta varieties will also work
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally, until tender and browned. Stir in the kale and cook for 1-2 minutes more, or until kale is just wilted.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and season with and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cooked through.
- Add the reserved vegetables to the pan and stir to combine. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water and return pasta to the pot it cooked in. Turn the heat on medium high and add the cream along with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until sauce has started to thicken. Add pasta water if needed to thin the sauce.
- Place the chicken and vegetable mixture on top of the pasta and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.