This recipe for Thai peanut noodles is full of colorful veggies and tossed in an easy homemade peanut sauce. No need for take out when you can make your own in just 20 minutes!
I love these peanut noodles for a quick and easy meal that tastes like it came from a restaurant. I serve my noodles with a side of Thai cucumber salad for a lunch or dinner that’s authentic and satisfying.
I’ve mentioned my love for Thai peanut sauce a few times before. This stuff is addicting, and so easy to make too! This time I’m bringing you my favorite sauce in the form of these Thai peanut noodles. Because noodles make pretty much anything better in my opinion!
How do you make Thai peanut noodles?
Let’s talk about how to make peanut noodles. The first step is to boil your noodles! I used linguine here, but you can really use any long noodle – spaghetti, Asian rice noodles, you name it! While the pasta is boiling, I stir together the ingredients for the sauce. Most of the ingredients for the sauce can be found in the ethnic foods aisle of your local grocery store. I like a little crunch in my Thai noodles, so I add in some colorful veggies. Today I went with a combination of red and yellow peppers and sugar snap peas. I like the bell peppers thinly sliced and raw, but I do prefer that my snap peas are blanched. I simply add the snap peas to the pasta water during the last 2 minutes of the cooking time and I’m ready to go. The finishing touch is a sprinkle of chopped peanuts and fresh herbs for peanut noodle perfection.
These peanut noodles are great served warm, cold or at room temperature. Looking for a little more protein? Add in some chicken or shrimp. Don’t like peppers? Substitute some thinly sliced carrots or even steamed broccoli. There are so many options here: so put up a pot of water to boil and get to work!
More great Asian recipes
Thai Peanut Noodles
- 12 ounces linguine or other long pasta/noodle
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers I used red and yellow, but any color will work
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. During the last 2 minutes of the cooking time, add the snap peas to the pot.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the sauce. Stir together the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and water until smooth. Add more water if needed to thin the sauce, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Drain the noodles and snap peas. Return them to the pot and add the bell peppers. Pour the peanut sauce in and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the noodles in a bowl; top with peanuts, cilantro and green onions and serve.