This recipe for pineapple fried rice is loaded with chicken, bacon, crunchy veggies and juicy pineapple. A simple and easy main course or side dish that’s MUCH better than take out!
Fried rice with pineapple is one of my family’s favorite dinners. They love the assortment of flavors and textures, and I love how easy it is to make!
Our schedule seems to get busier every week, and more than ever, fast and easy dinners are an absolute must in my house. This pineapple fried rice was a huge hit with the whole family – it’s hearty enough to be a complete meal with plenty of meat, veggies and of course seasoned rice. Best of all, it’s ready in no time!
How to make pineapple fried rice
This recipe starts out with cooked rice. I always use Success® Boil-in-Bag Rice, it’s premeasured and ready in just 10 minutes. Success® Rice is gluten free, non GMO, and does not contain additives or preservatives which is really important to me, and I love that it can be cooked on the stovetop or in the microwave. Success® Rice comes in four different varieties; I used the Thai Jasmine rice for this pineapple fried rice; it’s super fragrant and flavorful and is perfect for Asian inspired dishes. It’s also the only boil-in-a-bag Jasmine rice on the market!
This recipe is also a great way to repurpose leftover rice that you may have from last night’s dinner. I’ve provided instructions for both the boil-in-a-bag and leftover rice in the recipe.
While the Success® Jasmine Rice is cooking, I prepare the rest of this dish. I saute onions, carrot and bell pepper, along with diced chicken. I add in the rice, along with some crumbled bacon, peas and pineapple. You can use fresh or canned pineapple here, either way is delicious.
Another great option would be to use shrimp instead of chicken. This fried rice is easily customizable to your family’s tastes, and is even fit for company! When I serve this dish in a more formal setting, I serve the rice inside of a hollowed out pineapple for a super fun presentation.
I always have a box of Success® Boil-in-Bag Rice in my pantry; it’s the perfect speedy side dish or main course component. If you’re busy like I am and are looking for more fast and delicious meal options, be sure to check out the Recipe Club® for tons of recipes and special offers.
More Asian food recipes
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Moo Shu Chicken
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
- Cream Cheese Wontons
- Firecracker Chicken
Pineapple Fried Rice Video
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 3 bags of Success® Jasmine Rice or 3 cups cooked rice (leftover is fine!)
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced pineapple fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: sliced green onions for garnish
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and saute until browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pan, cook 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the red bell pepper, pineapple and bacon; cool 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the rice to the pan, along with the reserved chicken and frozen peas. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and mix gently until everything is thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add more soy sauce if desired.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with sliced green onions if desired.
This post was originally published on August 15, 2016 and was updated on January 8, 2018 with new content.