This updated chicken club sandwich includes lemon herb grilled chicken, homemade avocado ranch spread, plenty of bacon and lots of summer tomatoes for a hearty yet easy meal.
If you’re a sandwich lover, you’ll adore this new take on the classic club. The homemade ranch spread is good on almost anything, so make extra!
Is there anything better than a really good sandwich? This chicken avocado ranch club sandwich is definitely my new favorite, it’s got everything you could ever want in a sandwich. Plus I’ve got a recipe for a refreshing cucumber mango salad to go on the side!
My family is really into sandwiches – on Sunday nights when we all get together you can often find a make-your-own sandwich bar as the centerpiece of the meal. The great thing about sandwiches is that they’re super easy to customize, which means that everyone can have exactly what they want without you becoming a short order cook.
How do you make a chicken club sandwich?
This sandwich starts off with grilled lemon herb chicken. I have a lemon chicken marinade that I use constantly and I change up the herbs depending on my mood. That being said, you can really use any chicken for this recipe – leftover roasted or grilled chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store would also work really well.
The chicken gets sliced up and layered on your favorite bread with plenty of bacon, tomatoes (the more colorful the better!), lettuce and an avocado ranch sauce. This sauce is a little different than my normal ranch powder mix. This time we’re using fresh herbs which get blended in the food processor with ripe avocado and sour cream to make an amazing sauce.
No sandwich is complete without a side, and today I’m skipping the chips and opting for something a little lighter. This cucumber mango salad is a refreshing way to get your fruits and veggies in. If you’d like to kick it up a bit, you can add some sliced chiles like I did here, but I would definitely recommend omitting the chiles for the kids. This salad was inspired by these adorable mini mangoes that my mom brought me all the way from Los Angeles, they’re about 3 inches long!
Anyways, you toss the mango and cucumber slices with a really simple dressing of lime juice, honey and olive oil and then you’re done. Dinner is served!
In my opinion, this sandwich has it all – creamy sauce, crispy bacon, well seasoned chicken, juicy summer tomatoes and crunchy greens. What’s your favorite sandwich?
More delicious chicken recipes
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
Chicken Club Sandwich
For the chicken
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the avocado ranch spread
- 1 cup sour cream light is fine
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and flesh removed and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill can substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of sliced green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sandwich
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 3-4 heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 cup microgreens OR 4 leaves of romaine or butter lettuce
- For the chicken: Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper in a large resealable bag.
- Add the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 8 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until done. Slice into thin strips. Alternatively you can cook the chicken inside on a grill pan.
- For the avocado ranch spread: Combine all ingredients in a food processor; process until completely smooth.
- To assemble: Slice your rolls in half. Toast the rolls if desired.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the avocado ranch sauce on the bottom piece of bread. Add 2 slices of bacon and sliced chicken. Top with sliced tomatoes and greens. Add more ranch spread to the top of the roll if desired.