This chicken and broccoli pasta recipe has the most delicious creamy lemon sauce and is perfect for a quick and easy dinner option!
This pasta is a real hit with my family. We like the bright lemon flavor with the chicken and pasta. For a larger meal, this pasta goes great with a salad like Cherry Tomato Salad or Chopped Greek Salad.
It was almost a year and a half ago when my blogging life changed and I had my first viral recipe. When I created this lemon asparagus pasta I had NO idea how popular it would be. This recipe was so popular that it even crashed my entire site with thousands of people clambering to try it. And pretty much everyone that’s tried this recipe LOVES it. I have no idea why I waited so long to make a new iteration of it, but here at last is chicken and broccoli pasta. It’s a similar concept with sliced chicken over a creamy lemon pasta, but this time we’re doing broccoli instead of asparagus and I browned the butter in the sauce which gives it so much more flavor.
How Do You Make Chicken And Broccoli Pasta?
For this chicken and broccoli pasta, the broccoli cooks along with the linguine. Simply add the broccoli during the last 4 minutes of the pasta cook time and you’ll have perfect pasta and veggies all in one pot. While the pasta and broccoli is cooking, I make the pasta sauce and prepare the chicken. I like to use grilled sliced chicken for this recipe, but really, any cooked chicken will work, like baked, broiled, cubed, even rotisserie is just fine.
The pasta and broccoli are tossed in the creamy sauce with the chicken arranged over the top. Add a little parsley and serve! If you’d like for your pasta to look just like the photos in this post, simply reserve a handful of the cooked broccoli florets to add on top at the end along with the chicken.
This chicken and broccoli pasta is one of my go-to meals on busy weeknights, my kids happily eat it every time! It’s perfect for a quick family dinner, yet elegant enough to serve to company. It’s bound to be a hit no matter how you serve it.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Baked Lemon Chicken
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Video
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled and cut into strips. Or you can use baked, broiled or even rotisserie chicken breast.
- 3/4 lb broccoli florets
- 10 ounces linguine pasta
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Optional garnishes: lemon slices and chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Add the broccoli to the pot during the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until browned. Add the heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Place the pasta and broccoli back into the pot you cooked it in.
- Pour the cream sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly, adding pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Arrange the chicken on top of the pasta.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices if desired. Serve immediately.
A meal in 1 pan that tastes wonderful!
I made this with frozen broccoli since that is all I had and it was very tasty!
This recipe was a hit. It’s super easy to make and delicious to boot. Loved every bite.
This dish is so easy. We use Costco rotisserie chicken for an even faster weeknight meal. We have 10 people in our home, 7 are children with all very different tastes. Absolutely everyone eats this! Even those Lactose intolerant kids take a pill just to eat this. Easy and a crowd pleaser.
This pasta dish looks delicious and perfect to make on a weeknight! The creamy lemon sauce sounds incredible.
This is quickly becoming one of our weeknight go-tos. Definitely a crowd pleasing recipe!!
This is one plate of comfort! Your chicken looks perfectly cooked!
Gotta love one pot meals! This one is nothing short of the perfect weeknight dinner!
Chicken + Broccoli pasta sounds like a delicious meal for sure! This looks great!
Made this with left over grilled chicken breasts. And it was delicious. I added a lot more Parmesan cheese 😋
Great looking pasta dish.
For me one pot meals are the best! Great combo of flavors here!
That’s the kind of chicken and pasta I want.
Loooks so good and healthy!