These no bake birds nest cookies are made with chocolate, butterscotch and chow mein noodles, then finished off with candy eggs. The perfect easy Easter dessert!
This is pretty much the easiest Easter treat ever; all you need is 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make adorable and delicious cookies that everyone will go crazy over! Serve these cookies alongside mini egg cookies or peanut butter eggs for a sweet finish to your holiday meal.
Sometimes you just need a treat that’s EASY. When I’m entertaining, I often find that simpler is better; it allows me for more time to enjoy my guests and takes the stress out of hosting a gathering. For Easter, I love to make these adorable birds nest cookies. These cookies are adorable to look at, no bake, and only have 4 ingredients. How can you go wrong with that? If you’re looking for more Easter dessert inspiration, be sure to check out my lists of 30 Easter Dessert Recipes and 22 Easter Peeps Recipes!
How to make birds nest cookies
To make birds nest cookies, you’ll need milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chow mein noodles and candy eggs. That’s it! The first step is to melt your chocolate and butterscotch chips together. I feel that the combination of milk chocolate and butterscotch makes for a creamy and flavorful cookie base, but you can also use semi sweet chocolate chips if you prefer.
I use a microwave to melt my chocolate by heating the chips in 30 second increments until they’re melted.
The next step is to stir in your chow mein noodles. You can find bags of chow mein noodles in the Asian area of your local grocery store. The sweet and salty flavor combination works so well here!
After the noodles are coated in the chocolate, it’s time to form your nests. I use a spoon to shape my nests, and I add a trio of chocolate eggs on top before the cookie hardens. I typically use Cadbury Mini Eggs because I love the flavor, but you can use another brand of candy eggs or even jelly beans!
Birds nest cookies are a totally festive way to celebrate Easter, and let me tell you, they taste as good as they look!! They’re perfect for class parties, family gatherings, or any time you need a fun treat that’s not too time consuming.
More chocolate delights
Birds Nest Cookies
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips I recommend using Guittard or Ghirardelli chocolate chips, do not use Nestle.
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 12 ounces chow mein noodles
- 36 candy eggs
- Place the milk chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a large bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add the chow mein noodles to the bowl and toss until coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cookie mixture onto a piece of parchment and shape into a nest; top with 3 candy eggs. Repeat the process with the remaining cookie mixture and eggs.
- Let nests set until firm, then serve.