This recipe for beef noodle soup is a hearty meal full of braised tender beef, vegetables and plenty of egg noodles. It’s the perfect way to warm up on a cold day!
Beef noodle soup is quick to make and is comfort food at its finest. Serve your soup with garlic knots or cornbread for a complete meal that the family will love.
Remember that Yankee Pot Roast recipe I shared with you the other day? This beef noodle soup is the perfect way to use up the leftover meat – dare I say it’s almost better than the original pot roast? The best part is because you’re using pre-cooked meat this soup is on the table in less than 30 minutes!
How do you make beef noodle soup?
This beef noodle soup is so very simple yet it packs a lot of flavor. The recipe starts with a base of carrots, onions and celery. Add in your leftover pot roast and beef broth and give the whole thing a quick simmer on the stove until the vegetables are tender. The final step is to add the egg noodles. You can really use whatever variety you like, or even regular pasta in a pinch, but I prefer wide pappardelle noodles.
The pot roast makes this soup a hearty meal, but the concept familiar enough that the whole family will enjoy it, even your picky eaters!
I love being able to make one pot roast and use it for two nights worth of dinners, especially when you end up with amazing meals in the end! This beef and egg noodle soup is most definitely comfort food at its finest and will warm you up on even the coldest of days.
Still hungry? Follow Dinner at the Zoo on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
More hearty soup recipes
Beef Noodle Soup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 3 carrots halved lengthwise, peeled and sliced into 1/2 pieces
- 3 stalks of celery sliced into 1/2 pieces
- 4 cups of leftover cooked beef cut into large chunks (such as pot roast)
- 6 cups of beef broth
- 8 ounces of egg noodles such as pappardelle
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the butter over medium in a large stock pot. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper; cook for 3-5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for 3 more minutes. Pour the beef broth into the pot and bring it to a simmer.
- Add the beef to the pot and cook at a simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Add the noodles and bring to a boil. Boil for the time specified on your noodle packaging.
- Taste for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and serve.
Excellent, easy recipe loaded with beef & noodles! My husband loved it. I followed the recipe exactly as written except I substituted 3 cups Costco mixed vegetables for the carrots and celery-only because I was too lazy to peel and chop vegetables lol! It turned out perfect!!!! Thanks for sharing!