This slow cooker chicken tortellini soup is full of chicken, veggies and cheese tortellini and is so easy to make! Perfect for a busy weeknight!
To me, chicken noodle soup is a classic recipe that never gets old. This chicken tortellini soup is a take on the old favorite with plenty of chicken and veggies, but it also contains cheese tortellini instead of the more traditional egg noodles. My whole family loves this soup, and I love that it’s super easy to make in my slow cooker. This tortellini soup will definitely be on our regular rotation in the cold weather months.
This soup starts with boneless skinless chicken breasts, carrots, celery and onions. The chicken and veggies go into the crockpot with herbs, spices and chicken broth. Then you simply need to set the slow cooker and go about your day! At the end of the day when you’re ready to eat, shred the chicken breasts and return them to the soup. The final step is to add fresh cheese tortellini to the pot and cook the pasta until it’s ready. Grab a ladle and dinner is served!
I always use fresh cheese tortellini for this recipe because they cook a lot faster than the frozen kind. If you only have frozen on hand, it will still work, you’ll just need to add an additional 10 minutes to the cook time. I like to sprinkle a little fresh parsley over the soup before serving, but that’s an optional step. My kids love the chicken and tortellini, and I love that they’ll happily eat the veggies in the soup. This recipe is a complete meal on its own, but it’s also great with a side of garlic bread or a green salad. Chicken soup will never be boring again!
More soup recipes you’ll love
Chicken Tortellini Soup (Slow Cooker)
- 1 onion diced
- 3 medium carrots peeled, halved and sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 9 ounce package cheese tortellini
- optional: chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place the onion, carrots, celery, chicken breasts, garlic, salt , pepper, thyme, parsley and chicken broth in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW. Remove the chicken breasts and shred with two forks, then return to the soup.
- Add the tortellini to the slow cooker and cook for 10-15 minutes more or until they are puffy and heated through.
- Serve, garnished with parsley if desired.