Homemade Chex Mix
The absolute best homemade Chex mix, even better than the recipe on the box!
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 11/2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup cheese crackers
- 1 cup pretzel twists
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt I highly recommend Penzeys smoky seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
Place the cereal, crackers, pretzels and nuts into a large microwave safe bowl.
Mix together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and onion powder.
Pour the butter mixture over the cereal and toss to coat evenly.
Microwave for 5-6 minutes, stirring thoroughly every 2 minutes; then spread onto paper towels to cool.
Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
- You can omit the nuts and use more of the crackers and pretzels in the same quantities if allergies are a concern.
- When I make this chex mix for kids, I often use the rainbow colored goldfish crackers instead of standard cheese crackers to make it more fun and eye catching!
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 280mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g