Chicken Santa Fe
This chicken santa fe recipe is Mexican seasoned chicken breasts smothered in melted cheese, beans, corn and peppers. An easy dinner option that's great for a busy weeknight!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts I prefer to use thin cut breasts
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup corn kernels thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large oven safe pan over medium high heat. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Season the chicken on both sides with the taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. The time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chicken breasts. Add the beans, red bell pepper and corn on top of the cheese.
Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 459mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 1.3mg