This tortellini soup is a complete meal in one pot that's ready in less than 30 minutes! It's full of sausage, beans, veggies and tortellini, all cooked in a savory tomato broth.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup white onion diced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 19 ounce package Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage casings removed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 9 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until just softened. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the sausage to the pan; cook for 5 minutes, using a spoon to break up the sausage into smaller pieces.
Add the chicken broth and crushed tomatoes to the pot, then bring to a simmer.
Add the tortellini, spinach and white beans to the pot, cook for 5 minutes.
Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 734mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4865IU | Vitamin C: 25.2mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 3mg