Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
This breakfast casserole with bacon is loaded with eggs, bacon, potato tots and cheese, and is topped with tomatoes, avocado and herbs.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled, divided use
- 16 ounces frozen potato tots
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided use
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 3 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced chives
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
Place the potato tots in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk until thoroughly combined.
Stir in 3/4 of the bacon and 1 cup of the cheese.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the egg mixture over the potato tots.
Sprinkle the remaining bacon and cheese over the top of the egg mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes or until center is set.
Place the tomatoes, avocado and chives in a bowl; stir to combine. Season to taste with salt.
Spoon the tomato mixture over the top of the casserole and serve.
- No need to thaw the potato tots, they go straight from the freezer to the casserole.
- You can substitute one pound of cooked crumbled sausage for the bacon if you prefer.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Sodium: 1356mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g