This pear salad recipe is mixed greens with fresh sliced pears, pomegranate seeds, blue cheese and candied pecans, all tossed in a homemade balsamic dressing. A fresh and colorful salad option that pairs perfectly with chicken, fish and pork.
For the salad
- 6 cups mixed spring greens
- 1 pound pears firm but ripe, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds can substitute dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup candied pecans chopped
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the mixed greens, pears, pomegranate seeds, blue cheese and pecans in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth.
Drizzle the dressing over the pear mixture, gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 139IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg