Tomato Avocado Salad
This tomato avocado salad is a zesty blend of avocado, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno and red onion, all tossed in a lime dressing. A simple yet satisfying dish that is great for picnics and potlucks.
- 4 cups tomatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, then minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the tomatoes, avocados, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately, or cover and chill for up to 1 hour.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 26.2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.8mg